Author Topic: OP2 Mission SDK Version 4.0.0 Released  (Read 11115 times)

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
OP2 Mission SDK Version 4.0.0 Released
« on: May 06, 2019, 05:39:37 PM »
Hey everyone,

I just tagged the OP2MissionSDK at release version 4.0.0. You can find the release code state here: https://github.com/OutpostUniverse/OP2MissionSDK/releases/tag/ver4.0.0. Development will continue against the master branch over time, so if you want the newest library version, go here: https://github.com/OutpostUniverse/OP2MissionSDK.

This release includes changes to all the major projects, Outpost2DLL, OP2Helper, and a bit of HFL.

Over time, if people are looking for a specific new release, please post. Otherwise, sporadic releases may occur naturally over time. I didn't include a static .lib file for the release. If this is desired, please let me know and I'll compile and post.

The release page contains a the list of changes since version '3.5'. 3.5 was never actually released, but covers code changes over a long period of time while the source code was hosted on the SVN server and migrated to Git that were not part of the version 2.0 or 3.0 releases. If you are an old hand with the SDK, you may want to read through the 3.5 release notes to see what changed in addition to the 4.0.0 notes. You can find them in the Readme.md.

If anyone wants to request features or make changes, please post or push PRs against the appropriate SDK library. I'll try to help with reviews to keep the code in good shape or maybe help implement a feature if I feel qualified and motivated to help with the project.

Hooman provided a fair amount of technical help with the release and porting from SVN to GitHub. He also wrote large chunks of the changes in this release, which was all appreciated. Some of the code I committed was rollups of commonly used code in other missions, likely written and refined by Arklon, ZigZagJoe, sirbomber, BlackBox, and others.

-Brett