Author Topic: Very Specific 1.3.7 crash  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Jake Tilts

Very Specific 1.3.7 crash
« on: October 31, 2018, 09:36:23 PM »
Hi everyone,
I have loved this game since i was a kid and have played it on and off wherever i can find it. Previous iterations of the game i had no issues, but 1.3.7 is causing a very specific issue.  I can play the game for random amounts of time, but sometimes when i press space bar to hover over an event the game crashes, and sometimes when i click and drag on the mjnimap the game crashes.  Anyone know what is causing this bug?
Thanks
Jake

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
Re: Very Specific 1.3.7 crash
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 08:47:57 PM »
Jake,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear how much you enjoy Outpost 2.

I haven't heard of a bug like this before. Is it repeatable? Maybe if you could save the game before pressing spacebar for the event that crashes it, you could post the save file. Would make troubleshooting easier. If it is truly random, I guess this wouldn't be possible though.

-Brett

Offline Jake Tilts

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 10:45:28 PM »
Hi Brett,
I get off of work at 2am tonight and im going to try doing a variety of things in order to replicate it, saving each time beforehand.  With my resolution as well.
Jake

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 06:10:48 AM »
If Windows has any crash reporting, that information can be very helpful. In particular, the instruction pointer (EIP register) is often useful in locating crashing bugs. If you can copy or screenshot any crash information, that would be very helpful.

A saved game may also be helpful, especially if it helps reproduce the bug.