Author Topic: Health & Welfare  (Read 31526 times)

Offline White Claw

Re: Health & Welfare
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2019, 06:43:58 PM »
As for the shadows...looking at some of your pictures above, I think the subdued shadows are too subdued. They don't seem to provide visual cues I intended. The darker shadows look better, aside from the clipping issue. I am once again thinking as long as they overlap to the top left (and not bottom left), then they might look just fine if they're a bit darker.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2019, 05:52:30 PM »
From the residential thread, this post had me thinking"

I think you're right. I was thinking about space and noise when I was looking at the first set. The later set is more like what you'd find with high rise buildings, where ground floor level only really contains shops, with all the housing on higher levels.

For the medical structure, maybe we should modify it a bit to do the same thing so that the north/south and east/west wings don't have tubes protruding from them?

Offline White Claw

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2019, 07:56:51 PM »
Yeah, that's easily doable. Although it'll lose the EMS symbol look. I'm trying to remember if I built one like that previously for my own purposes, but I can modify one and post it.

Offline JetMech1999

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2019, 08:36:37 PM »
What if you kept the same rotation but elevated the medical structure like the residential?  Would that look ok or goofy?

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2019, 08:55:54 PM »
I thought that's what I suggested? Just moving the structure up as-is but so that the tubes aren't protruding through the building.

Offline White Claw

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2019, 09:37:15 PM »
Ah, my mistake. I didn't think of elevating the building in the same way, since it's rather different in construction (much more flat and spread out). I'll see if I can come up with something and post the results.