Author Topic: Multiplayer help  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Skynet Uplink

Multiplayer help
« on: February 02, 2004, 07:17:05 PM »
on the main menu of outpost 2. Whenever i go go multiplayer i dont know which one to click on to play with people. Can someone tell me either which one to click on or what i should download to play multiplayer (also where to put the download and how to use it to play multiplayer) Your help would really be great.

THANKS

Offline plymoth45

Multiplayer help
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 07:25:49 PM »
Ok, if you have found your way onto IRC, when you arrange a game with someone, you click on the tcp/ip one, put your name in, join or create (which ever your planning on doing), and if you are joining, click on by host's ip, and put the hosts ip in, if your hosting, you will have to give the people who are playing you ip.

Offline Skynet Uplink

Multiplayer help
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 10:53:54 PM »
What is the irc and what do i need to do with it. Is it something i have to put into my outpost2 directory?

Offline Leviathan

Multiplayer help
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 09:09:37 AM »
IRC is a program, its used for chat on the internet (Internet Relay Chat).

You need to download this file:
outpostuniverse.net/irc.htm
Unzip it anywhere, create a shortcut to it then Run it.

Once connected and joined the OP IRC Channel (Channels r like Rooms) you can talk to whoevea is there at the time.

The importiant thing to rember is to allways have IRC runing when u are online. This is so people can c ur online and contact u via PMing you. The OP IRC Script (that file) is set up to Beep when u get a PM. This is so when you are geting on with something on ur computer and u get a PM u will no that u have a PM. It means u dont have 2 look at IRC every few mins 2 c if some1 is chating 2 u.

bascily, irc connects you to a chat room where OP people can meet.

If you have any problems just post em.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 04:25:26 AM by Leviathan »