Author Topic: Won't Start?  (Read 4821 times)

Offline jaybay4959

Won't Start?
« on: August 24, 2018, 08:01:17 PM »
Hi! i downloaded the file for Outpost 2 and installed on my laptop but get the messages...the code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140 NOT FOUND and next message is VCRUNTIME140.DLL NOT FOUND. when clicking ex. any help gratefully recieved. I'm windows 10 and graphics card AMD thanks
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 08:07:31 PM by jaybay4959 »

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Re: Won't Start?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 08:24:10 PM »
It's a missing Visual C++ Runtime version. I think 140 is 2015:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=48145
You might as well just install both x86 and x64 versions.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 02:42:15 AM »
Thank you for the report.

We should really get this fixed so people don't need to separately download and install a C++ runtime.

This looks to be the same issue I see on Linux under Wine when using OllyDbg. In that context, the game still loads and is playable after dismissing the error messages. Not sure if Windows is any different in that regards.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 11:00:13 AM »
As a side note, I have a feeling you're the same user that's showed up in IRC a couple of times asking about this -- if you're going to choose that route you really need to be more patient. Most of us aren't there waiting for a question to answer immediately. Many of us are busy working on projects, etc. so give it more than 30 seconds before disconnecting. :)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 11:39:35 AM »
Umm, 30 seconds? Let's be honest here! ;) Depending on the time of day, it could be 30 minutes to a few hours before someone notices new channel activity.  :-[

Anyway, I hope the C++ runtime link solves this issue for now, at least until we can fix things on our end.

Offline jaybay4959

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 03:24:22 PM »
Many thanks, game is running now after that installation. My humble apologies about leaving a message in chat, I was heading to bed and thought i would just leave a message here instead. I'm in the UK and noticed that my post was registered at a different time to GMT as it was the early hours of the morning here. Right enough typing, I must haste to this amazing game!!! Quo Fata Vocant  :P

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 07:56:09 PM »
Fair enough! Most of us are in the US so you probably shot a message out while most of us were still at work.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 10:43:37 PM »
For those of you who are as curious as I am, I'll save you a bit of Googling.

Quo Fata Vocant
'Whither the Fates call' (source: Royal Northumberland Fusiliers)
'Whither Destiny Takes Me' (Latin), the Motto of the Royal Regiment of Fusilers. (source: Quo Fata Vocant)

From Wikipedia:
The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers was an infantry regiment of the British Army. Originally raised in 1674 as the 5th Regiment of Foot, it was given the regional designation 'Northumberland' in 1782 and granted the distinction of being a Fusilier regiment in 1836, becoming 5th (Northumberland Fusiliers) Regiment of Foot.

Offline jaybay4959

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 01:16:02 PM »
It is widely used within my old regiment (The royal Dragoon guards) which was a heavy armour Reg when i was in it (Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank) It is used within B squadron (the black horse) our Regiment's motto is Quis Separabit "Who shall separate us" i wasn't aware of the Fusiliers using as their main motto, everyday a learning day!. A lot of British regiments Latin motto's over lap as the army has shrunk vastly (currently at its lowest in many years) and regiment's amalgamate. My regiment is a mixture of northern irish (of which my bloodline comes from) and northern England (Yorkshire) a great mixture! I'm so glad to have discovered this gem of a game and your wonderfully welcoming website! many happy returns and expect a post soon on my reaction to the game once i get some serious playtime in!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 11:43:14 PM »
Very welcome. Glad to have you here.  :)