Author Topic: Wiki Software Updates  (Read 4855 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Wiki Software Updates
« on: June 20, 2018, 07:27:08 PM »
Greetings netizens!

I've been performing some maintenance work on the Wiki software to ensure a seemless experience. I've pushed the latest updates and switched us over to a Bootstrap based theme for better responsiveness to mobile devices and to add additional functionality and control regarding layout.

I'll be continuing to push updates and attempt to make it as seamless with the website theme as it used to be. Let me know if you run into any issues!

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
Re: Wiki Software Updates
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 01:53:35 AM »
Thanks for working on this. I like the new accent color for hyperlinks.

I noticed a couple of pages are suffering ill effects from the new formatting.

Some of the different units on this page are starting to blend together.
http://wiki.outpost2.net/doku.php?id=outpost_2:outpost_2_manual:vehicles

When the page's index disappears, graphics at the top of a page tend to pop right/left. It never seems to leave the content in a bad spot, just maybe annoying though?
http://wiki.outpost2.net/doku.php?id=outpost_2:maps

-Brett

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Re: Wiki Software Updates
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 12:04:53 PM »
That comes from the bootstrap based theme/template. I've been working on cleaning up some of the pages using panels and sections -- they all come from this enhancment: DokuWiki Bootsrap Wrapper

It's going to take a little time to get everything sorted back properly but definitely mention something if you see it!

EDIT:

Have corrected the vehicle page with panels -- this is ultimately how all of our pages should be updated.

As for the Table of Contents, I've adjusted it so that it will no longer auto-collapse on scroll. This gives the user the option to collapse it on their own. It'll also stay attached to the top of the window as the user scrolls so they can see what section they're in. Let me know if this is bothersome -- that can be configured as well.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:16:19 PM by leeor_net »