Author Topic: Remote Pair Programming  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Re: Remote Pair Programming
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2017, 05:20:11 AM »
The op2ext project has been pushed to GitHub:
https://github.com/OutpostUniverse/op2ext.git

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2017, 11:55:21 PM »
Thanks Hooman for pushing to GitHub.

I'm using a different CPU than last time, so hopefully everything works well.

I'll plan to find you on the Outpost Universe mirc room. Backup will be Discord.

-Brett

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2017, 11:43:58 PM »
We completed another successful pair programming today. Check out the thread http://forum.outpost2.net/index.php/topic,6045.msg85715/topicseen.html#new for details of the progress.

Lag was noticeable today. It was bad enough that it made it difficult for Hooman to program at times. (He was the one remoting in to my CPU).

In retrospect, maybe we should have tried lowering my screen resolution to reduce the pushed bandwidth. My newer CPU has a resolution of 1920x1080, which may not have helped?

I'm not sure internet bandwidth is the problem since I'm able to stream high resolution videos without any lag.

-Brett

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2017, 12:07:21 AM »
I'd like to point out the main lag issue was simply with the mouse cursor, and that was only after adjusting some setting. Previously, the mouse cursor would be invisible over certain windows. It was a choice of either a laggy mouse cursor that was always visible, or a reasonably responsive mouse cursor that would sometimes be invisible.

I also noticed a slight delay in the audio. I could see Vagabond type something, and hear him still typing it after he'd finished typing.

It was still a very workable session though.