Author Topic: Videos and MacOS X Downloads  (Read 246 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Videos and MacOS X Downloads
« on: August 22, 2017, 02:31:22 PM »
Hey forumites!

Been getting a few questions about the in-game videos and MacOS X downloads. They've been added to the Outpost 2 page and are now available.

The videos have been reencoded with modern codecs so they should play out of the box. If you have trouble with them playing, you may need to download FFDShow.

For help with the OSX downloads, see this post.
- Leeor
LairWorks Entertainment

Titanum UFO's

Offline Vagabond

Re: Videos and MacOS X Downloads
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 08:55:59 PM »
Drakmar & Leeor,

Thanks for making the Mac downloads available on Outpost Universe.

It would be helpful if you could list the actual download sizes on the page. It is hard for someone to determine if they want the Lite or full version without knowing how big each respective download is. Also, a paragraph on what v1.1.3 Update for the Mac is / means would be nice to see.

-Brett

Offline Drakmar

• NTCS Administrator
    • New Terran Command Site
Re: Videos and MacOS X Downloads
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 10:56:04 PM »
The way I've packaged the OP2 build for macOS doesn't make it easy for end-users to update without redownloading the entire package. The 1.1.3 update updates the OP2 core files to match the 1.3.5 OPU version of the game, as well as adding in Arklon's NetHelper (1.4 as of that update).

The updates aren't required for the game to run, but they make networking with other members of OPU far easier, hence why I don't repackage the whole file each time. When OPU pushes out a new major update of the game, I'll push out a new major release for the macOS build.