Author Topic: Status of the New Terran Command Site  (Read 4065 times)

Offline Drakmar

Status of the New Terran Command Site
« on: August 22, 2017, 07:15:22 AM »
First off, I apologize for the lack of communication from my end. Life has been hectic lately, so I haven't had much time to focus on everything I'd have liked to.

I had to take NTCS offline due to it getting slammed by a massive spam-bot attack a while ago and I'm still working on scrubbing the forums. Due to my more limited time these days, NTCS will likely come back in a read-only state for archival purposes in the next week or so, and I'll be working to move my OP2-related resources over here. Leeor's reached out to me to get the macOS releases and the re-encoded media files, so he should have those over here relatively soon. Additionally I'm pleased to see how far OPU has come in the past couple of years. So much so, in fact, that I consider NTCS's original mission to maintain a home for our community in the event that OPU might disappear complete. Should I have more time in the future to help out, my efforts will be focused to helping maintain this site in any way I can.

Finally, I do plan on maintaining the macOS release of OP2 for the foreseeable future, and will update it soon to include more recent changes that OPU has made to the game. I'll see what I can work out with Leeor and the rest of the OPU staff about getting me a method to easily upload it over here when I push a new release if possible.

For those of you who had made NTCS your home, thank you for the support, and I look forward to seeing you all around here when I find the time.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Re: Status of the New Terran Command Site
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 08:13:49 AM »
Very glad to hear from you! I'll be uploading the files you sent me and updating the web page shortly.

Sorry to hear about the goings on in your real life. I'm hoping OPU can be a much needed get away on occasion! Lots of stuff going on here, some technical, some not so much. Plus we have the OP2 20th anniversary coming in just a few weeks!

Offline lordpalandus

• Banned
Re: Status of the New Terran Command Site
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 07:16:36 PM »
So this is why I can't visit NTSC anymore and keep getting URL errors when typing in the address. Good to know. Sad to see it go, but times have changed and OCP, I mean OPU has definitely resolved its downtime problems it had a few years ago.
Currently working on Cataclysm of Chaos, Remade.
Link to OPU page = http://forum.outpost2.net/index.php/topic,6073.0.html