Author Topic: Power Structures  (Read 813 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Re: Power Structures
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 06:56:20 PM »
That's true for the original game but me thinks that's a little unrealistic. Still, it could be a useful gameplay mechanic -- e.g., for every solar satellite you can build up to 2 receivers. Maybe with research that can be increased. Probably the topic for a different thread in the main board.
- Leeor
LairWorks Entertainment

Titanum UFO's

Offline lordpalandus

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2017, 11:35:22 PM »
That entirely depends on how much current is being transferred to the receiver. If there is sufficient current, I could see a satellite sending it to two receivers. Could also depend on how much current a single receiver can handle. As there wouldn't likely be any step-transformers involved in either transmitting or receiving to modify the voltage, or resistors to reduce the amount of current, its entirely feasible that you'd need two receivers.

Or maybe Im not understanding the issue at all XD. My physics is rusty.
Currently working on Cataclysm of Chaos.

Offline JetMech1999

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »
Definitely like Tokamak 03A the best.  And would also have to agree about a single large dish on the array.

Offline White Claw

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 11:20:14 AM »
Take, for example, DawnBringer's palettes. These are meant almost exclusively for low-color pixel art but the point is that the color mix itself is extremely well selected and with good use of those colors provides an excellent balance of hue, vibrance, saturation and contrast.

Thanks for the point out. I will take a look at the philosophy behind this and see if I can implement something similar. Maybe two opposing pallets for terrain vs. structures to increase contrast and distinction, as you pointed out.

And would also have to agree about a single large dish on the array.

I think after having been away for a bit and coming back, I'm also liking the large array. Although I also remember having discussions with Leeor about making the scale of the terrain (as compared to the buildings) feeling large. So perhaps a single dish, but a little smaller so it's not taking up the entire tile.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 03:19:08 PM »
And would also have to agree about a single large dish on the array.

I think after having been away for a bit and coming back, I'm also liking the large array. Although I also remember having discussions with Leeor about making the scale of the terrain (as compared to the buildings) feeling large. So perhaps a single dish, but a little smaller so it's not taking up the entire tile.

Agreeing with this. I like that though. The single dish does make more sense since the satellite would only be sending down one, maybe two beams so one larger dish would be far, far more effective than an array of smaller dishes.
- Leeor
LairWorks Entertainment

Titanum UFO's