Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2109 times)

Offline freedweed

Hello
« on: December 20, 2020, 09:16:05 PM »
Hi. I recently bought OP2 in GOG, and really got into the game. Then I came across to Outpost Wiki by chance, and further, OPU as well. Impressed so much about this site... (I'm currently trying to find old Outpost 2 demos - found pre-released ones, but no luck for the post-released demo by now)

Anyway, I'm new here. Hello again, everyone. Outpost 2 rules!
"Sleep well, New Terrans... A new world awaits, and your day is yet to done."

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 01:44:49 PM »
Welcome!

The post-release demo can be found here: https://outpost2.net/files/op2demopost.exe
Like the CD version, it may or may not work on modern systems, and even if it does you'll most likely be forced to 640x480 fullscreen. If all else fails, a Windows XP virtual machine should work.

The missions from all the demos will be included in the upcoming OP2 1.4.0 community update, which will work fine with modern Windows.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 04:52:34 PM by Arklon »

Offline freedweed

Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 10:58:29 PM »
Thank you so much! Now I can implant all OP2 demos into the virtual Windows in my PC. Can't wait to see the community update version too! ;D

Looks like GOG version is also fixed in 640x480 low resolution (a little bit higher than 640x480, I guess), although the game itself is managed to run smoothly on Win10 (except for Multiplayer options). Pretty shame that Activision is not very interested in reviving old gems in their IP inventory. I know these games are old, and cannot make much profit to the company like CoD series, but they all are such great titles of late-90s, too great to be forgotten. At least they've been re-releasing some of these games (Outpost 2, Missionforce: Cyberstorm, Dark Reign, etc) in GOG though...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 08:07:39 AM by freedweed »
"Sleep well, New Terrans... A new world awaits, and your day is yet to done."