Author Topic: Wiki Software Updated  (Read 5527 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Wiki Software Updated
« on: May 27, 2017, 07:38:03 PM »
Just wanted to let everybody know that I've updated the Wiki software to the latest version. It patches a few security vulnerabilities.

Please let me know if you see any issues.

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
Re: Wiki Software Updated
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 01:37:46 AM »
Thanks for updating the Wiki software. I have not seen any issues today when I perused a couple of sections.

My updates to the wiki have been going very slowly lately. Still plugging away on occasion though.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 01:47:10 PM »
Same here. I'm trying to get the Outpost 1 online manual completely up.

Also, I've done a lot of work on the GRAV Wiki and I'm seeing how we can make our own wiki more functional by linking to individual items. I don't think each individual thing (like a lynx or the Agridome) needs its own page but we can link to a page with that information and if we section it out right we can link to those individual sections within a page. Could help with navigation and make the wiki more interactive.

Offline White Claw

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 01:46:28 AM »
Is the wiki still in need of updating? I've poked around it a bit, but wasn't sure if it was still alive much. Perhaps that's a place I can help contribute more.

Offline Vagabond

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 02:36:12 AM »
White Claw,

The entire WIKI is about 1 and half years old. So it is really new. Dave, myself and Leeor pushed most all the current info.

Private message me your email address and I'll give you write access.

It still needs a lot of work in some sections and you are always welcome to fix any mistakes that we have made typing in them.

I actually made a section on the in game videos, but it is well, not that good yet. http://wiki.outpost2.net/doku.php?id=outpost_2:technical_review:in_game_videos.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 09:20:38 PM »
It's still very much a work in progress. I continue to push changes to it regularly in the Outpost sections.

If you see something that you think you can improve, don't be shy, just do it. Worst case scenario someone updates it or reverts it if there's a problem but we haven't had any issues with the current user base.