Author Topic: Status Update  (Read 2126 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Status Update
« on: January 26, 2017, 10:47:41 AM »
It's been awhile since I've posted anything and while a few of you chat with me off the forums I think it makes sense to keep everybody else updated.

Suffice it to say, my work has kept me busy as it usually does during the holidays. My work has also been sucking the life out of me for the last few years and I've found it very difficult to focus on development when I'm also getting endless calls all day long and an hour or two after business hours does not give me enough time to do anything. Of course, the holidays are over now and with that I've stepped down from management at my work place and life is starting to settle down, my stress levels are dropping and I'm finally starting to relax.

I have not abandoned this project or given up. Hardly -- I've come way too far to just let it go. Some things to consider is that 1) I'm not getting paid for this so it's a hobby project (and will be treated as such) and 2) I go through development cycles where I'm active for about 6 - 8 months and then dormant for a few months. I'm in a dormant cycle right now where little progress is made but I'm starting to feel that itch again.

That stated, I have a lot planned for the coming updates. I won't go into details here (see the Project Roadmap on Redmine). If you think you can help with something (even if it's to settle some decision making or provide feedback), comments are always welcome!