Author Topic: Redmine Bug / Task Mangement  (Read 5669 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Redmine Bug / Task Mangement
« on: July 28, 2016, 11:07:11 AM »
Surprised I haven't posted this sooner so here goes.

I asked Leviathan to set up a Redmine issue management installation for me to use for OutpostHD and for OPU in general (for various projects). And it has happened!

Head on over to the Redmine Page to check out the current projects on there.

For OutpostHD you can also use Redmine to get current up to the minute updates about progress, the roadmap and milestones and you can see any of the discussions taking place amongst the developers.

So on that note, as much as I use the Forums to discuss the nuances of gameplay mechanics and to get ideas from the end users about how they want to play the game, Redmine is used to discuss the actual implementation of features, tasks, etc. If you're interested in helping the project, go ahead and register an account on Redmine. Let me know here either by replying to this post or by sending me a forum PM and I'll add you to the OutpostHD project.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 01:01:21 PM by leeor_net »

Offline HumblePastor

Re: Redmine Bug / Task Mangement
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 02:52:11 PM »
Hi,

Just wanted to thank you guys for your work updating this old classic. Bringing back a whole lot of memories and has been fun to show my kids.

Just FYI, I was using the 0.7 .exe download on a windows machine. Most of the text in game is illegible. Also, after about 300 turns, buildings have begun disappearing (not exploding but appearing as dozed ground, but when I click on them, they still appear to be there).

Thanks again for your efforts -- looking forward to test driving the next release.

Offline Goof

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 03:19:49 AM »
Which structure ???

I've had some structures having that kind of behavior while I was working on them.
In fact the sprite for the wrecked state wasn't present on disk.
So the game draw the field and can't place the tile over.

I remember having fixes a bunch of them but i can't remember if it was before version 0.7 or after.

Ps : bla bla french bla bla bla excuse bla bla bla mistakes bla bla bla bla bla bla
(maybe i should make my signature of that speech)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 10:36:32 AM »
Those are structures that are failing over time. I'm only aware of the original structures that collapse after 150 turns but there may be others that are extended (I'd have to dig into the code some to check it out).

Note that 0.7 release is still very unfinished. :) The building requirements checks aren't in place yet among other things so expect that behavior to improve in future versions.

Offline Goof

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 06:24:29 PM »
It may also just be the destroyed state image that could be mis-referenced in the xml file of the structures.

I've had some mistakes like these while I was working on the structures.

I do remember fixing some of them.

I'll check the official release with the SVN.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:27:15 PM by Goof »

Offline Goof

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 06:32:57 PM »
I've checked the XML files for the structures on the SVN and the 0.7 release, and the two structures that might have "empty" tiles when destroyed are the lander.
The first one is the seed lander and after the two colonist lander.
For now three tiles should look empty instead of destroyed lander.

If it seems to be another structure, send a save game, it should be easy to find out which structure is destroyed and not displayed correctly.

Bye
Goof

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 08:03:42 AM »
Ps : bla bla french bla bla bla excuse bla bla bla mistakes bla bla bla bla bla bla
(maybe i should make my signature of that speech)

I'm sorry I missed this the first time around. lol.

Anyway yeah, there are bound to be little issues here and there. We'll get them cleaned up as we get through it.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 09:22:57 PM »
Migration of the OutpostHD project from Redmine issue/task management to GitHub is now complete. Please visit https://github.com/ldicker83/OPHD/milestones for future updates.