Author Topic: Outpost Universe Wiki Down and Gallery error  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Vagabond

Outpost Universe Wiki Down and Gallery error
« on: January 20, 2016, 04:41:37 PM »
When I try to access the wiki on Outpost Universe (the older wiki, not the newer Doku Wiki), I get the following message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '::' (T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM), expecting \\ (T_NS_SEPARATOR) in /home/opuuser/public_html/wiki/index.php on line 97

Also, when clicking on the Gallery link, the follow three errors are displayed, although the gallery displays below it. I suspect the error is keeping the Outpost Universe banner from showing.

Notice: Undefined offset: 8192 in /home/opuuser/public_html/gallery/include/debugger.inc.php on line 112

Notice: Undefined offset: 8192 in /home/opuuser/public_html/gallery/include/debugger.inc.php on line 112

Offline dave_erald

Re: Outpost Universe Wiki Down and Gallery error
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 05:27:38 PM »
I noticed this yesterday Vega. Check with Hooman or Leeor, Galactic might still be around, I think we got a new server.
I wrote a novella on this site, I can sorta code...

Outpost2 - Life at the End- 2015
Edits will show up in red

- David R.V.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 08:14:40 PM »
I don't think they're going to worry too much about the old wiki. If things go the way I HOPE they do, we can migrate the new DokuWiki over to Outpost2.net. The idea of having it hosted on Lev's servers was so that we can actually get something working and show what I wanted to do with it.
- Leeor
LairWorks Entertainment

Titanum UFO's

Offline Galactic

• Administrator
    • http://www.konker.net
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 09:51:27 AM »
Wiki is fixed. Pretty much the most out of date wiki software was being used. Everything upgraded. A lot of links need to be updated and logo fixed, but it works.

I will check out the gallery, it is also pretty out of date.
Take me to your leader! I bare the claws of a corndog.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 12:24:45 PM »
I looked into this briefly but haven't done anything.
Upgrade Doc: Coppermine Upgrade

I checked the server. Looks like an upgrade from the 1.4 line to the 1.5 line.

I'm hazy on the database backup part. Might be important when upgrading 10 year old software.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 08:50:57 AM »
Ok, I made a backup of the database and the old files and the performed the upgrade. The upgrade reported success, with no warnings or errors. The gallery sort of kind of works again after the upgrade, except it seems to have some DNS name issues. A lot of links go to www.outpostuniverse.net, which don't resolve properly, and in other cases, clicking on an image goes to the forum's homepage. I'm a little puzzled at present. Clearly there is a bad setting somewhere.

I also noticed some spam comments in the gallery. Those will need to be cleared out at some point.

Offline dave_erald

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 09:04:30 AM »
Yeah, almost each photo redirects to outpostuniverse.net

But you're making progress which is always good.
I wrote a novella on this site, I can sorta code...

Outpost2 - Life at the End- 2015
Edits will show up in red

- David R.V.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 09:09:19 AM »
I think I forgot to disable an old plugin or something. Not sure how to do that though. I couldn't login to the old gallery due to the error, and I can't log in to the new gallery due to the DNS name issue.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 10:40:52 AM »
I poked around in the database and fixed a few URLs. It's unbearable to work with though, since the server doesn't seem to have enough memory. There's some heavy swapping going on.

Still haven't figured out why clicking images redirects to the forums. The links at the top of the gallery seem to work now.

Offline evilcabal

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 02:00:08 PM »

I'm assuming this thread is referring to the wiki linked from the main website?

I noticed that there are a lot of bogus wiki pages that were created there a few days ago. The recent changes page also shows a bunch of users being created today.

Just though I'd point it out since I didn't see any mention of it here doing a cursory look and it might be a problem if it gets worse.

Even though I am interested in the "5 Finest Clothes Steamers".

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 03:07:40 PM »
Yeah, we became aware of that a few days ago. I think the upgrade to the new Wiki software left some permissions changed. I'm not an admin of it though.

What I've been doing to find anything is look at the categories page. Gets me where I need to.
- Leeor
LairWorks Entertainment

Titanum UFO's

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 06:03:46 PM »
Apparently, when upgrading the software, it reset all settings to defaults, because leaving them be would make too much sense. Not only that, but the defaults have guest posting and emailing enabled, because the opposite would also make too much sense... *double facepalm*
The settings have been fixed a couple days ago, but the spam pages need to be cleaned up.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 08:22:45 PM »
I was planning to read from the wiki today, but it is down. Any estimate on when it will be operational again?