Author Topic: Planetbase  (Read 5107 times)

Offline Leviathan

Planetbase
« on: October 12, 2015, 07:04:30 PM »
New game somewhat similar to the Outpost series..

Planetbase is a strategy game where you guide a group of space settlers trying to establish an outpost on a remote planet.

In the game you play the role of the base architect and manager, telling your colonists where to build the structures they will need to survive. You will have to ensure that they have a constant supply of oxygen, food and water to stay alive.

You will get them to collect energy, extract water, mine metal, grow food, manufacture bots, and build a fully self-sufficient base.

Even if the game is not intended to be a simulator, all the mechanics are plausible, and based on what the expected challenges of establishing a colony in an new planet would be.

planetbase.madrugaworks.com
store.steampowered.com/app/403190/

Video: Planetbase Trailer

Anyone going to be checking it out? There are lots of gameplay videos on YouTube.

Offline lordpalandus

• Banned
Re: Planetbase
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 07:21:39 PM »
Saw it a while ago, then forgot about it, then Binary and leeor started talking about it and then I checked back up on it.

Looks like an interesting colony simulation, but only colony simulation... with really nice graphics. Not sure if it has combat or not.
Currently working on Cataclysm of Chaos, Remade.
Link to OPU page = http://forum.outpost2.net/index.php/topic,6073.0.html

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 10:36:31 PM »
Will reiterate:

-flips table-

-throws away OutpostHD-

-pouts and stomps off-

I wish I could do that. I never really delved too much into 3D programming so I'm pretty much at a loss in terms of doing that for Outpost. But that's okay, I think OutpostHD will be fine as it is.

Offline lordpalandus

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 10:40:02 PM »
Remember some of the best games are made entirely from sprites. Take FTL. Not a single 3D model in sight XD
Currently working on Cataclysm of Chaos, Remade.
Link to OPU page = http://forum.outpost2.net/index.php/topic,6073.0.html

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 08:27:22 AM »
Oh believe me, I know. I just get pissy when I think someone beat me to the punch is all.