Author Topic: OP2 Game Starting with Windows 10  (Read 11653 times)

Offline BowlerNK300

OP2 Game Starting with Windows 10
« on: August 05, 2015, 03:30:50 PM »
I need some help here.  I just downloaded Outpost 2 - 1.3.5 7z file for my Windows 10 HP Laptop from http://outpost2.net/gamedownload.php. Once it was done installing.  I clicked on the application to start the game and this error pulled up:"Unable to load OP2Shell.dlll".  I just deleted the game and see if there's another way to download the game without seeing this error again.  Any ideas or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.  Thanks!!  :)

Offline BowlerNK300

Re: OP2 Game Starting with Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 03:45:27 PM »
Never mind, I fixed it. I just uninstalled the game and then reinstall it.  I just need to add music or play from my iTunes which I already have game music already.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 09:53:34 AM »
Hi, Welcome to OPU!

Glad to hear you got it working. I'm yet to test it on Windows 10.

Here is the very latest Outpost 2 package with an installer and includes the settings for our game server for multiplayer: Outpost2-135-Final.exe

We also have a chatroom if you want to play multiplayer or chat, here is link for web client - #Outpost2 Web IRC

If you have any other questions please post on the forum or come on the chatroom :)

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 09:47:27 AM »
I can confirm the game works on Windows 10. Have tested it on more than one system and also played some multiplayer games.

One issue is that in Windows 10 DirectPlay has been removed. This is a legacy API library that is not required for Internet/TCP/IP/NetFix play. When clicking Multiplayer on the Outpost 2 menu a screen comes up as the library is loaded at this point. Just click 'Skip this installation' to get past it.

I was wondering if we could disable of loading of this library as I don't feel its required any more and it would get rid of this nag/error screen when selecting Multiplayer menu. We could have it as a setting in the ini file to load it or not.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 05:57:59 AM »
Thank you for the information. This is good to know. I'm kind of thinking it'd be nice to have a central place to keep track of tasks like this. Perhaps some kind of bug tracker, or just some simple text file in SVN about proposed changes or new features. This sounds doable, but also easy to forget about.