Author Topic: Outpost 2 AVIs  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Drakmar

Outpost 2 AVIs
« on: June 27, 2014, 09:53:40 AM »
So, I've been trying to move away from the Indeo Codec, and converted all the AVIs to the H264 Codec (in both MP4 and AVI containers). I've tried Hex-editing the Outpost2.exe and OP2Shell.dll to replace references from AVI to MP4 (Didn't work), and I've tried using the re-encoded AVIs, which also refused to be utilized by the game.

At this point, I'm at a loss. Any suggestions here? I'm not exactly a coder, but it'd be nice to have the AVIs in a format that will scale better in the future with Indeo's codec becoming problematic in recent versions of Windows (64-bit Windows 7 in particular).

Offline Drakmar

Re: Outpost 2 AVIs
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:12:29 AM »
I know double-posting is kindof a no-no, but I got it working! All the AVIs re-encoded in a way that OP2 will still accept upon loading. Turns out it was how the audio part was being encoded that the game didn't like. I've got the newly formatted AVI up on the New Terran Command Site Download Page, along with installers for the game (both for Windows and Mac OS X).

No more indeo codec! Success! This should make things a lot easier going forward.

Offline Flashy

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:49:41 PM »
Seems pretty interesting.
Praise the mighty light towers!!!

Offline Spikerocks101

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 11:30:35 PM »
*claps five times for respect*
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!