Author Topic: Terminus : Outpost-like kickstarter Project  (Read 3570 times)

Offline feujik

Terminus : Outpost-like kickstarter Project
« on: September 13, 2013, 08:34:13 AM »
Hello,
You may want to look at this project ! => http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/976465455/terminus-2

Terminus is a classic 'city-builder' set on a distant, inhospitable planet where there is only one colony, one chance, one future.
A hard-boiled construction simulator at heart with the substance and clarity of a refined strategy.

Starting from classic city builders of the genre, Terminus takes the terrifying leap into the frontier of space where every new game and new colonization effort bring a wildly different experience on a new, procedurally generated planet.

You are the administrator of the colony and it's your mission to keep humanity going by any means possible. Colonists are mouths to feed, supplies are dwindling and almost everything is non-renewable.

Offline Spikerocks101

Re: Terminus : Outpost-like kickstarter Project
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 01:25:25 AM »
Thou I don't think it looks to bad, I don't think it is cool that you created an account just to advertise this game on OPU Forums. :/

Beyond that, looks like an interesting game, but I think this Ryan Czech seems a bit egotistic.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Zhall

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 01:10:51 AM »
Looks like outpost 1, which was garbage, lololol
Pumping out awsome.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »
Could still be an ok game if they can make it properly. Guess we'll see where this goes.

Thanks for the heads up.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 07:57:17 AM »
Funding Unsuccessful and also looks like their website is now down. Shame, they put a lot of work into it already.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 09:43:32 PM »
Doesn't mean it's totally dead. It may come back to life.

And Outpost 1 was... well... it was a great idea but very, very badly implemented. I think there's a good game there trying to come out, but a lot of bad decisions went into the design of the original. A few tweaks and it could be a much more fun game to play.