Author Topic: renegades freezes on end of mission  (Read 18921 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Re: renegades freezes on end of mission
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2016, 09:44:42 AM »
Suspicion -- 64-Bit alignment issues. Not sure if Wine runs in 32 or 64 bit mode or if it emulates 32 or 64 bit mode.

Suspicion 2 -- Wine emulates older windows functions that current windows does not.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2016, 03:06:06 PM »
As I recall, the version of OP2 we're marketing as 1.3.5 has an outdated version of the mod loader.  That might be worth investigating.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2016, 10:44:48 AM »
Maybe we could just blame Address Space Layout Randomization again and call it a day? :P

On a more serious note, crash details will be needed to debug this. Being able to easily and reliably reproduce the crash also helps. Perhaps a saved game from just before the crash would help. Details about where Renegades was downloaded from might also be important, just in case there are different versions floating about.

Offline Commander

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2016, 01:40:26 AM »
Just tried finishing mission 1 without saving - unfortunately without avail. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit too.

I've downloaded this version of Renegades: http://newterrancommandsite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129

I did save the game after winning mission 1 before it crashes, save file attached if that helps finding out where the error is.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2016, 09:02:55 PM »
Downloaded. I shall now feel guilty every time I see the file and do nothing to investigate.

(That works much better than me trying to commit to an actual date to look into this).

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2016, 02:26:45 AM »
I think SGAME10.REN is just the metadata file for the 10 saved game slots. You probably want to post a different file.

Offline Commander

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2016, 12:24:52 AM »
Alright, here's the actual savegame. I thought because of the small file size it'd make sense als "Mission Accomplished" savegame, but in hindsight it must be one of the bigger files as the last seconds you still see the "battlefield".

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2016, 10:44:03 PM »
I just got "Error reading file", trying to load it. Interesting. That may be a clue. I should try it out on a VM.

Honestly though, I'm going to procrastinate on this for a bit.