Author Topic: Warehouse Storage Problem  (Read 5505 times)

Offline wilberolive

Warehouse Storage Problem
« on: July 21, 2012, 05:03:11 AM »
Hello, I'm new here. I came across these forums after a Google search. I'm a long time fan of outpost and decide to reinstal the first outpost after playing it when it first came out.

Anyway, I hit the dreaded exponential death thing that seems to be pretty common. What I noticed is that it seemed to be caused by a lack of life support because my colony ran out of the minerals it needed. I checked my mines, but they had shut down. So I checked my warehouses. Turns out that my warehouses were full with all the wrong minerals.

As the life support consumed the minerals it needed, the mine kept filling the warehouse with other minerals that I didn't need until it got to the point that there was no room left in the warehouse for it to take the minerals it needed for life support.

I'm guessing its not possibe, but thought I'd ask anyway. Is there some way to set some sort of maximum that a warehouse will hold of each mineral. I want to prevent my warehouses from filling up with the minerals I don't need at that point.

Offline pegaso

Warehouse Storage Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 11:33:22 AM »
Hello.
Life 1 and 2 are provided by the CHAP facility and are not held in the Storage Tanks. You will have enough Life 1 and 2 as long as you have a functioning CHAP. You must have certain materials for the CHAP facility to run, which are stored in the Storage Tanks. The easiest way to have those materials are having functioning mines, Smelters, and enough Storage Tanks to hold those materials, or a functioning SPEW and Residental units. SPEW's can save your butt, as they can make anything you need, they never get filled up (like a Storage Tank can at 1000) and help with morale (so your people won't just up and leave).

It's all in the start. 20 for each Food and Life Support before you launch, and after touchdown, it's building a CHAP and Agridome first, along with a SPEW, Storage Tank, Robot Command and Warehouse, etc.

I love Outpost 1 and wished I could get it to work on another cpu other than WinXP.