Author Topic: News Case Of Interest  (Read 7199 times)

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
News Case Of Interest
« on: April 24, 2012, 04:00:17 PM »
Hey, I was just wondering if any of you US guys could help me out a bit.

Our newspapers are covering a story about a Norwegian fellow who got arrested in a place called Winslow, Arizona - Apparently for attempting to kill several people with a Car.

Over here, this case is seen as proof of how messed up the US judicial system works.

I was however curious how this case looks from the US point of view.
So I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some newspapers that potentially covers this story ?

I don't know the guy personally or anything, it's just out of general interest.

Edit: The name of the guy is "John Kristoffer Larsgard" if that helps in any way.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:02:36 PM by Highlander »
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
News Case Of Interest
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 04:40:51 PM »
...Well I was standing on a corner in Windslow Arizona, it was such a fine sight to se.  it's a girl, my lord!  In a flat bed ford, slowing down to take a look at me...

anyway...

If what I just read about it is accurate, it's another case of those god damned 'zonies pulling bulls***.  They have a law there that, if someone backs their car into yours and you don't honk, you're at fault (someone from arizona tried to pull that bulls*** here, but the insurance company didn't let up because it happened in california.  Therefore, arizona vehicle code did not apply).

However, what a lot of foreign sources don't seem to realize is that the US is technically 50 countries that have agreed to fall under a single government.  While federal law does override state law, cases like this fall under state jurisdiction.  This is a case of a faulty state-level judicial system.  If his lawyer is smart, he will appeal the case all the way to the US Supreme court for this guy.

As to newspapers, the Los Angeles Times doesn't have anything on it.  Nor does the New York Times.  Even the Arizona Central doesn't say anything about it.  I doubt any non-local paper will have anything, and you know just as well as I do that that one will be biased as hell.  
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Spikerocks101

News Case Of Interest
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »
The US has a judicial system? O.o!
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
News Case Of Interest
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 12:15:47 AM »
Hard to tell sometimes spike XD
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
News Case Of Interest
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 12:48:41 AM »
Over here, this case is seen as proof of how messed up the US judicial system works.
Pfft, this is by no means as bad as it gets.