Author Topic: New Subforum  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
New Subforum
« on: October 05, 2011, 06:26:21 AM »
As Pbhead suggested, is it possible to create a new subforum section for the Outpost 2 Multiplayer section of the forums ? (Same as Outpost 2 Newbie Help)

The idea would be for this subforum to act as the place where one could post game summaries and/or battlereports, where each game gets it's own thread so that the creator can post who played, what the outcome was, maybe some screenshots etc..
Others could then comment on the strategies used or just view other peoples strategies.

A few days ago we managed to play several 6 player game, something which I think has been years since the last time it happened unfortunately, as well as several other multiplayer games each day/night/morning (whatever the time is for the people involved). So currently the activity is a bit higher than it has been for some time.

I think this new forum section could perhaps kick some more life into this forum.
(Rather than the current bumping and shouting which is the main activities these days)

If any one the Mods could implement this, it would be awesome :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:26:34 AM by Highlander »
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Zardox Xheonov

New Subforum
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 12:42:32 PM »
Hey great idea! I'm tottally for this, if it means keeping our community active by all means go for it.

Heres some questions i'd like to ask us all...
Woud we want a place to put/implement videos/recordings that would work within the same window as the forum thread? (like a youtube paste within the post) Is this possible? Does this cost money?(i hope not)
This would make it easier when you don't always have to download the video.

If not that, we could otherwise just allow video files and clip links to be posted of course.

So yeah lets do this :)
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Demon-Wizard

New Subforum
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 03:17:35 PM »
Sounds like a cool idea.. Im not very good at using forums but when PB posted his post game pics and commentary.. It was pretty awesome :)
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
New Subforum
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 08:23:19 AM »
As Pbhead suggested, is it possible to create a new subforum section for the Outpost 2 Multiplayer section of the forums ? (Same as Outpost 2 Newbie Help)

The idea would be for this subforum to act as the place where one could post game summaries and/or battlereports, where each game gets it's own thread so that the creator can post who played, what the outcome was, maybe some screenshots etc..
Others could then comment on the strategies used or just view other peoples strategies.
I'd expect that you can create such threads in the Outpost 2 Multiplayer section (no subforum) as pbhead did it.

Subforums and more structure is generally only needed if people posted so much that they'd get lost without it.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
New Subforum
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 10:03:22 AM »
Yeah, sure one can create a thread in the multiplayer section. But if people want to write up game reports, the multiplayer section will be flooded by those instead.

In my mind it would be easier to just create a new section for it.  
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Demon-Wizard

New Subforum
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 01:01:26 PM »
There is only 1 way to find out... lets make more battle reports!

Now to learn how to do what PB did.

My favorite part was the pic of the bird with the text "OH RLY?"

Apparently Lugia thought emp missles were useless LOL
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

Offline Savant_Ace

• http://www.spitfire-sa.com/
New Subforum
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 08:57:48 AM »
A new section definately seems the more logical and organizational way of approaching it. Multiplayer games happen all the time, but other topics aren't always updated as often. If we start swarming a present section with battle reports and game recaps, someone who is looking for the original content may not see it. Or someone who isn't looking for it but could use it could dismiss the section as 'not what they're looking for'.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
New Subforum
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 03:04:17 AM »
I'd say just start writing them up. If there are enough of them to warrant a sub-forum, then one can be created and the old threads can be sorted into it. It's not too hard to deal with this after the fact, and it's less work if people don't follow through with this idea.