Author Topic: OutpostMayham: first storygame of OUF  (Read 28192 times)

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

OutpostMayham: first storygame of OUF
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2004, 01:23:53 PM »
The mighty Supreme Commander Kiith Somtaaw bravely stays behind and tries to disable the self Destruct Sequence.

A Voice is heard through the com “T-8 Minutes and counting”

Will there be enough time for Kiith to stop the destruction of the colony?

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2004, 01:35:45 PM »
{In pops Zeus, eats Kiiths pie while he's working on shutting off the SD sequence and then run's away before Kiith notices  :P }

Then Zeus walks in like he hasn't been yet and asks Kiith "Need some help?"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 01:12:10 PM by ZeusBD »
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2004, 02:07:30 PM »
(someone's dreaming there)

CK breaks through the window of the CC and sets the em feild where the glass once was.

"What the heck are you two still doing in the colony?"
"we-"
"Wait, don't tell me.  If you're trying to stop the self-destruct sequence, it's useless.  Selfdestruct set it up, and he's the only one that know's it's weakness.  Since you're here, get the factories online, we need all the resources we can get together in-"
"T-7 mminutes"
"Talk about perfect timing..."
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2004, 02:30:13 PM »
Kiith went to work on it. CK turned to Zeus and asked "Where have you been all this time?"

Zeus answered, "I've been trying to get here. Between the force field coming up, count down sequences and everything else, it's been crazy. I was just able to find my way here and found Kiith trying to shut down the SD sequence."

I'll try to help Kiith if there isn't anything else.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2004, 03:26:09 PM »
"Just get the suplies together.  I'll maintain the atmospheric stability as long as I can."

CK noticed a rather large piece of sheet metal and got an idea.

'let's see...If I can keep the feild up and grab onto the metal, I might be able to get it in place and weld it on, then look for some more to patch up the hole...'
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »
Kiith works hard to get the factories online,
And within a few minutes he succeeds, both the Vehicle factory 01 and Structure Factory 01 are online.
"T-5 Minutes" the comm. said

Kiith runs as fast as he can the Command Center and tries to hack the SD Codes.

But time is running out.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2004, 07:31:01 PM »
"kiith,  you to get the other 6 factories producing what we'll need to start a new colony.  As soon as thiss last piece is over the hole and welded I'll try to buy us some time.  There is one thing I can try..." as he said this, CK puled out a small esg grenade.

kiith found the auto-restart codes and got the other factories working.  With three kits and five vehicles being built at once, it would still take more time than they had.

"just give the factories each a seperate list of things to build one at a time.  I almost have the weild done..."
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2004, 07:19:59 AM »
Before CK could finish the comm chirped "T-4 Minutes".

Zeus started seperating each of the things to be built and started sending the list to each of the factories with a header "If this isn't done yesterday then your working too slow."

Zeus saw the grenade in CK's hand and asked him, "What the hell are you going to do with that Grenade?"

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2004, 11:42:44 AM »
"Well, the self destruct sequence activater is part of the boptronics mainframe.  If we can temporarily damage it, the sequence might freeze while it repairs itself."

the last spot was welded in place and CK opened up the mechanicle hatch.

"Just get the resources, get the defence teams into some of the vehicles, and get out of here.  If I'm not done before you have to leave, have a scout waiting 50 meters away from the colony."

Zeus sent out a message to phil and the squad telling them to get to pne of the factories immediatley, then started working on by-pass proceedures to get everything constructed faster

"T-3.5 minutes"
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2004, 12:09:40 PM »
"Reports from the various teams report that we are 68% complete. That would put us 20 seconds past the countdown. I hope that your plan to slow it works, or we may not be ready."

Zeus then went back to coordinating everything with all the factories to make sure that everything was good to go. He looked over at Kiith with a determined look on his face as if to say, "We're going to make it."

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2004, 12:22:55 PM »
Kiith Replies "I hope your right Zeus" as he works franticly to deactivate the Self Destruct.

"T-3 Minutes"

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2004, 12:48:39 PM »
Hearing Kiith's plea made Zeus think to himself, This is for real. We could die here today. I don't know why it hasn't come to me before. But I can't slow down, I have to work harder and faster to make sure that we're ready.

"Hey, when have I ever been wrong......On second thought, don't answer that."

Kiith just looked at Zeus with a grin upon his face and then went back to work.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2004, 01:31:38 PM »
The two heard an explosion with an electronic sizzle, then saw the maintanance hatch blow off the hinges.  The countdown timer stopped and a new message came up:

"Main bobtronic mainframe damaged, self repair sequence activated.  All other boptronic functions suspended."

they looked to eachother then down at the factory status.  the factories were still building, but had slowed down a bit.  At that moment, philip and his team of defence soldiers walked in.

"What the #**% was that sound?"
"why did you just say number astris astris percentage?"
"CK blew part of the bobtronics to give us some time, but it looks like he wasn't expecting that much power."
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2004, 01:47:02 PM »
Zeus said under his breathe, "He always has to make to make sure everyone know's he's around."

Looking around and noticing that no one heard him he told Philip, "What are you doing right now? If you can be spared then you will be. Go help with the manufacturing of the goods needed to get us the hell outta here."

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2004, 03:17:01 PM »
(lol, nice one Zeus.  Now to see what happened at the bobtronics mainframe)

back a few seconds to the explosin:
The grenade was set, but there was something wrong.  The original plans for the CC distinctly showed a way out of the maintenance room other than the hatch.  There wasn't time to climb up the ladder, and the grenade couldn't be stopped.  CK started running toward the exit, when the floor colapsed beneath him and the grenade went off, covering up the hole with debris.

"Well, looks like I found it, now if only that pipe didn't break my fall."

CK looked arond, but it was useless, the tunnel led strait down with wires hanging down from the pipe and was darker than the New Terra night.  The only thing to do was to climb down.
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2004, 08:40:58 AM »
Zeus looked around and asked outloud, "Does anyone know what happened to CK9? I thought that he'd come back after he set off the grenade." Just then a report came from one of the factories..."

"Sir, we ran into a problem while making an agridome....."

Zeus asked frantically, "What the hell is it, we we're going to finish just in time anyways, we don't have time for delays."

The worker replied, "It can't be helped, one of the gear's on the factory line broke, it's gonna take at least a couple of minutes to replace it."

Zeus thought to himself, That would put us to damn close for comfort, but worrying about it won't make things go faster. He replied, "Just hurry as fast as you can, and keep me updated.""Kiith how much longer do we have till this thing resumes countdown?"

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2004, 10:58:31 AM »
"It seems like it's about halfway through the repai cylce."
"Hey, wait a minute, I'm the senior officer here, I'll take command."

philip (his old screen name was Philipu or something like that, and now it's OP2PARIOT) gave ZuesBD a very stern look.  There was no time for arguments, they had to get the bump (sorry, couldn't help it) out of there.  Another voice came over the speakers:
"Microbe units in violation of the limiting boundry treaty"

"Great, just what we need!"

```````````````````````````````````
CK, after making a crude harness and finding which of his many pockets his carabeener(it's a tool for rock climbing and rappeling.  If anyone needs a picture of one to know what I'm talking about, PM me.) and eight plate( another tool, looks like a figure-8) were in, started down the tube.
"Man am I lucky that gloves are part of the standard issue uniforms."
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2004, 12:03:58 PM »
"You know, Sir, I mean no disrespect but, if you were working instead of just standing there, we'd get done a lot faster. I have a job to do here and I can't be slowed down by anyone. Now please go help them at the factories."

With this he turned back to the panel that he was working at. Philip thought about protesting but decided against it. He'd deal with Zeus after everything was done. He headed out of the room shouting order's to everyone standing around.

Kiith looked over at Zeus and said, "You know that he's going to break you in half when this all done, right?"

Zeus looked over, grined and then went back to work.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 12:04:38 PM by ZeusBD »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2004, 12:16:26 PM »
(lol, don't ake offence to this Zeus, but you sounded like Marcy at first there)

"He is so dead once this is over."

phil was not pleased.  his team which had gone through months of training were reduced to construction.  Beta walked up to him.

"I'm going to get the modified scout over here, maby it will come in handy on our journey."
"Go on, get out of here.  Just watch out for the microbe vehicles, they're getting closer."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Wait, were's x?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CK reached the bottom of the shaft and got a bit hungry.
"Where did I put those 'Munchies'?"

He reached into pocket after pocket (modified moderator uniform, 20 pockets  :D ) and what he found got him angry

"A flashlight!  Why couldn't I have found this earlier?!"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 12:23:18 PM by CK9 »
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2004, 12:27:47 PM »
(lol CK, no offence taken)

"T-2 minutes" (man that was a long minute)

Zeus commed over to the factories for another update. He looked at Kiith, "Are you having any luck over there?"

Kiith looked at him with a disgruntled look on his face. "I'm trying my hardest, but I can't get the damn thing to work."

Zeus said to Kiith in a calming voice, "It's okay, we're going to make it outta here. I have faith in X, Beta, and yes, even CK9. We are the best trained worker's on this planet and it looks like we're going to make it just under the wire."

This didn't seem to calm Kiith down any as he went back to work.

Zeus thought to himself, Some people just can't be helped and went back to work.

------------------------------------------------

Phil went to the nearest factory, found the guy in charge and asked where he could help. The worker replied, "Sir, we are about done here. If you could please help load the products onto the Convec's and send some of your people to check on the other factories. Some of them are not quite as far as we are in their production.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 12:36:00 PM by ZeusBD »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2004, 12:37:17 PM »
(that was a fast bobtronics repair)

Betaray jumped into the scout and started to drive it to xfirs last known location.  He turned around and saw what was left in CK's hidden compartment: a railgun rifle (as seen on the movie ' Eraser '), an EMP grenade, and a stickyfoam shell.

"Well, at least the microbe units won't be much of a problem."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CK looked around and noticed some mining vehicles.

"Woa, I've got to record this.  this used to be a mining site.  But why didn't the serveyor show a becon?"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 12:43:23 PM by CK9 »
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2004, 12:51:39 PM »
(I didn't want the story to lag)

Zeus looked out the one remaining window and saw Beta driving away. He thought to himself, I hope that he makes it in time. Zeus looked at the hole that CK climbed into. He walked up to it and yelled down at CK "How's it going down there. What do you see? We are about done and we need to be getting out of here real soon."

He walked back over and checked a panel. 91% complete. He thought aloud, "We're going to make."

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2004, 12:57:15 PM »
CK heared a faint call from above, then felt something hit him over the head (something that was quite common in one of the MH's I've been in) and lost all sence of time and location, as well as conciousness)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beta spotted xfir and stopped to let him in.

"Do we have any idea as to where the new colony location will be?"
"No sir, not a clue."
CK9 in outpost

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2004, 07:58:47 PM »
Kiith almost has to codes to disable the Self Destruct, just another minute and he would have them.

"T-1 Minute and Counting" Said the Comm.

"Damm!" Said Kiith.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2004, 10:28:23 PM »
all of a sudden, the computer made another anouncement: "coection to detonater lost.  Countdown in standby."

"It won't fo me any good to lose the structures."

kiith and Zeus turned to see someone neither had ever seen before, and he was holding one of phil's thro's hammer rifles.

"Both of you, in the corner, it would be fun to kill you, but I need you for negotiations."

another person walked in.

"The corridors are sealed, there isn't going to be anyone coming in here anytime soon."
"Good."
"Anything else I should do Kiler?"
"yes, go check on the maintanance tube.  And XKR, if you find anyone, we don't need anymore hostages."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CK awoke to find an older man standing over him.
"Who are you?"
"I don't think you are in a position to ask that.  You people came here after all of our colonies were destroyed, after Plymouth and Emma left.  You were waiting for us to get killed, weren't you?'
"What in the name of all things living ar you talking about?  We came here to get away from it all on Earth."
"What!?  You lie!  Earth is dead, and has been for years."
"Do you want proof that I speek no lies?  Or perhaps you want to continue the interegation and get me angry?"

an electrical cage appeared around CK, who just laughed.

"What do you find so funny?"
"Nothing much, just this..."
CK walke through the bars, only his clothing taking damage.
"What the Maker are you!?"
"Even if I showed you, you would only think it a dream.  Now, will you listen to me, or shall I show you what I am capable of Mr. ..."
"Moon, Axen Moon."

(interesting, eh?)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 10:49:23 PM by CK9 »
CK9 in outpost