Author Topic: Store Problem  (Read 3625 times)

Offline Venera

Store Problem
« on: April 27, 2011, 05:53:01 PM »
I finally had enough ore to buy nameglow from the store.  But I got a MySQL error and when I went to the inventory it was there.  But when I used it, my name will not glow. Help?

Offline evecolonycamander

Store Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 07:06:59 PM »
it only works with IE. Mozilla Firefox, safari, and Google chrome do not support the glow effect. i think opera dose though too
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
Store Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 07:27:49 PM »
I have never noticed.. actually, Firefox DOES support it.. at least sometimes.

Offline Hidiot

Store Problem
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 07:42:16 PM »
I'm pretty sure no one really cares enough to put much effort into fixing said store. It was a miracle that it got restocked a while ago.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline jcj94

Store Problem
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:21:59 PM »
What does it use, Javascript or PHP for the usage of it?

I am going to be taking a summer PHP course and attempting to create a website through this course (as a requirement).  If I get good enough, and it's in PHP, then I might have time to take a look at it.

Offline Venera

Store Problem
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 10:29:42 PM »
Javascript isn't Server-Side as far as I know.  It can't edit a SQL DB.  It is most likely php due to the end of the like the index being .php

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Store Problem
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 10:45:20 PM »
The store, along with all other extensions to the forum, are written in PHP. We have no plans to "improve" the IBstore as is and we have had thoughts about changing the forum software we use (well, I have more specifically... just haven't gotten around to it yet).

The clientside effects are done with a modification to the forum themes where the store can add some CSS within <span> tags for things like the names. And yes, it uses some IE specific css styles (the mod is quite old).

Offline jcj94

Store Problem
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 11:12:07 PM »
Question more than comment.

What's the difference between forum software?  Is there a "Best Software" out there, or do they have strengths and weaknesses?

If we -do- end up upgrading the forum software, are we going to keep the IBstore, the Gallery, and such?

A little sidenote:  Would McShay's Website be lost, or would it be moved over as well?  I know there isn't a lot there, but some of the stuff that is actually looks pretty interesting.