Author Topic: The Other Colony---eve  (Read 14650 times)

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 10:11:40 AM »
I'LL HALP

And Stop bagging on ECC, he's taking poetic license.
I personally think It's a good idea, regardless of physics failing.

BUT, New Terra being destroyed is a bit much, I kinda want a super computer planet.  I think you should initiate a wormhole out in space, ripping apart a planet/ sun that New Terra has.

That and I was wondering, If I get good enough, maybe setting up a "what if they decided to send a Seeder to New Terra's moon?" scenario.  Of course that would require new sets of tile sets.  Though Lava could still be, depending on how many planets are in New Terra's Star System, seeing if we could have a resonance orbit compress/ squeeze the moon so its core is still molten.

Just a though.

ECC, I'd love to help.

Is this post still alive?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:14:41 AM by jcj94 »

Offline evecolonycamander

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 11:35:55 AM »
this version of eve is dead. i am restarting it as some other version and trying to have a legitimate way of getting my story to mesh with the already existent one. as it stands, here is my current shortened storyline. on the tech tree, i say screw you all, you'll end up board one day and test it out anyways :P (JK)

Humanity is now safe; The star ship was safely launched. Now you are among those left behind and with the blight closing in you must desperately get to the remaining spaceport for one final mission: Your own survival. A half-brained idea was sparked the moment after Eden's launch. The remaining survivors will be shuttled to a failed seed colony launched to Terra Lunar B(Second moon orbiting new Terra;op1 supports this storyline)

Assuming you manage mission one, you find the colony is in shambles. Buildings sit in ruins, power is critical, and life support is minimal. There is hope however. You and your people have survived against all odds. Now, with the nearby ore depot you can rebuild, repair, and hopefully survive. the moon seems to be moderately ore rich, a surprise to your colonists, considering the sensors and probes on the Congesta failed to pick up the information.

After repairs on the base are completed you are greeted with disastrous news. an EMP missile was launched through the blight and deterioration. It's current course could completely miss. Or it could mean your efforts at survival are next to nothing.

The new counsel decides the best option would be to once again evacuate. Gather your resources and move. If the blighted missile lands, it will be your end if you stay.

''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 12:45:29 PM »
this version of eve is dead. i am restarting it as some other version and trying to have a legitimate way of getting my story to mesh with the already existent one. as it stands, here is my current shortened storyline. on the tech tree, i say screw you all, you'll end up board one day and test it out anyways :P (JK)

Humanity is now safe; The star ship was safely launched. Now you are among those left behind and with the blight closing in you must desperately get to the remaining spaceport for one final mission: Your own survival. A half-brained idea was sparked the moment after Eden's launch. The remaining survivors will be shuttled to a failed seed colony launched to Terra Lunar B(Second moon orbiting new Terra;op1 supports this storyline)

Assuming you manage mission one, you find the colony is in shambles. Buildings sit in ruins, power is critical, and life support is minimal. There is hope however. You and your people have survived against all odds. Now, with the nearby ore depot you can rebuild, repair, and hopefully survive. the moon seems to be moderately ore rich, a surprise to your colonists, considering the sensors and probes on the Congesta failed to pick up the information.

After repairs on the base are completed you are greeted with disastrous news. an EMP missile was launched through the blight and deterioration. It's current course could completely miss. Or it could mean your efforts at survival are next to nothing.

The new counsel decides the best option would be to once again evacuate. Gather your resources and move. If the blighted missile lands, it will be your end if you stay.

I'll still help ECC

and if you were ever to get on mIRC I'd be able to chat realtime.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 02:03:30 PM »
Please stop necroing old topics.

The post previous to your post was almost a year ago, this is completely bad forum etiquette.

You might want to consider making a new topic if you want to ask about what happened to this project.

Offline evecolonycamander

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2011, 05:11:05 PM »
Will do mr admin :D can you please lock this one up?
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Sirbomber

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2011, 08:09:33 AM »
Sure thing Mr. Bot.  I like these clever ones who just copy a random post from earlier in the thread and hope for the best.  Like the link(s) in their signatures don't give it away.

Ehh, I know we're technically not supposed to respond to the bots, but I just wanted to make sure people caught this one, since it's an old thread and most people probably wouldn't have given it a second thought.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:11:05 AM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2011, 02:24:10 PM »
Deleted the bot post and the bot account. I think I'm going to lock this thread since it's pretty much done. (and to avoid any other bots posting in it).