Author Topic: Op2 Summer Tourny  (Read 16154 times)

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
Op2 Summer Tourny
« on: March 29, 2011, 08:25:01 PM »
Okay, Here's what I'm going to do:
    1: Starting June 5, I'm going to host a temporary channel on the IRC for the tourny members, as to keep our scores straight.
    2:  Keep a topic in General Interest for you to post your scores (as of win/loss record) from either what you remember, or from when you started counting.
    3:  Setup who will go against who BASED OFF those win/loss records.

Now here's what I want you to do!
    1:  Go and post here with your win/loss ratio so that I know you signed up (or you can post I'm in here, to keep this topic active.  NOTE: You must also post your win/loss ratio by May 30th)
     2:  Be willing to game.  We will try to host 2 matches PER DAY, allowing for either extremly long games, or lots of short quick ones.
     3:  UPDATE your win/loss ratio and report to me when the game is done who won.  I will have a score card setup, and when I get the file into a distributable format, I will post a link to its download so that you may ALSO keep track of how many win/losses you have.

If you would like to help, PM me.

I am going to try and make this a regular thing, and, just because the channel is temporary, DON'T BREAK THE IRC RULES.  If you have to go to my tutorial here then do so to setup your IRC (during the days of the tourament) for the words:

!start!
!match-setup!

These will be used (obviously) to start matches and to set-up who is going against who.

The tournament is (hopefully, if I get enough members) going to run from June 5th until all players have either been eliminated OR I run out of players.

The map that will be used is still under decision.

The type of elimination is Double Elimination, so you can lose TWICE before you are out of the running.

To keep if fair, there will be a Novice, and an Expert division.  If there isn't enough to form both division, then there will only be one.  To keep THAT fair, the beginners will start off facing other people of the same skill level.  Eventually they will move up and face some more difficult players.  I will keep a ranked list to be posted at the end of the tourny, so you may see WHERE you ranked.  The winner of each division will get the prize respectfully

1000 ore = 1st place
500 ore = 2nd place
250 ore = 3rd place
A special I RANKED IN 2011 SUMMER TOURNAMENT image to be added to your Signature will be given.

Now that I've kicked the gear into motion, SPREAD THE WORD

(thumbsup)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:25:43 PM by jcj94 »

Offline evecolonycamander

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:44:36 PM »
where did the prize ore come from? i haven't restocked you yet.....
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 06:26:49 AM »
Can you tell me, how many games I'll have to play if I participate? I won't have too much time in summer. If there are two divisions, will there be a ranking list for each, or will they eventually merge?

And now let me add that I find 1v1s rather boring. Might rather play Survivor or 2v2s.

Offline jcj94

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 03:20:53 PM »
Okay: Here are the rules.

The games are going to be setup so that you each play 16(will vary by total number of participants, but 16 is my goal) games total.  You will record your win/loss record for the tourny (so blackbox, could you clear that topic out?)

The style of record keeping will be ladder style, and will be setup by times, that wy if you wish to team, you can.  If you win as a team, you win together, weather that means you go 2 bad players vs 1 good player and the 1 guy gets killed (highly unlikely) is YOUR RISK.

Don't get cocky SirBomber, we don't need you to go "I got whipped upside my head by a bunch of nu0bs".  We realize that your good.

You will pick your teams before the match starts you CAN team with someone several times, as long as they are all with your match times.

Me and ECC will keep track of the scores and the Highest ranking people will face other high rankings for match times.

The winner will have the highest score.

I will post the times when I get all of the people who are in SIGNED UP!!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:10:58 AM by jcj94 »

Offline TH300

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 04:09:51 PM »
If you need prize-ore, I could give you 100,000. But don't believe that its an incentive for people who have been here for a bit longer.

Please answer my question with the ranking lists. Will there be two 1st places (one in each division) or only one (divisions merge at the end)?

I may sign up as soon as you answered my questions and posted the map and rules.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:21:59 PM by TH300 »

Offline jcj94

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 07:16:23 PM »
There will be TWO winners.  One from each division.

The rules are as follows:

Decide amongst your group of four between: Last one Standing (LoS) and Land Rush (LR).  You will use LoS if no agreement is made.

NO EMP MISSILE SPAMMING.  This is defined as launching off more than 10 missiles in under 5-10 marks.  This will be up to the particular group on what exact number to be used, and will be decided once the game has started.  THIS DOES NOT MEAN CHANGE IT RANDOMLY THROUGH THE PROGRESS OF THE GAME.

NO USING WRECKAGE MAPS.  After all, this IS designed to be fair, not a random outcome that wreaks having on people frustration.

NO FOUL LANGUAGE.  I don't believe this will be a problem, but I need to put it here anyway, just to close up the loopholes.

STANDARD MARKS:
     LoS:
          Beginner Division: Attack Mark = 500
          Expert Division:  Attack Mark = 350 - 500 (up to pair discretion)
     LR:
         Beginner Division: Build Mark = 65
         Expert Division:  Build Mark = 50 - 100 (up to pair discretion)
              NOTE: Attack marks are still the same as in LoS + 100

IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE MARKS
Discuss with your group and me, what mark you want set for what.  If I think it is helping the other player(s) to much (more for beginners) then I will provide a median.

As for scoring.  I expect you to be honest and come back into the chat and tell me.  That way I can use the sheet I have for Excel to rank you.

I am hoping this goes well.

EDIT: I have it setup for either groups (if you all decide on doing a group of 4, or 2 pairs, or a group of 6, or 3 pairs).  You can setup teams as you wish BUT THEY MUST BE EVEN, weather it is in skill or number, that is up for the groups decision.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:35:50 PM by jcj94 »

Offline evecolonycamander

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »
There will be TWO winners.  One from each division.

The rules are as follows:

Decide amongst your pair between: Last one Standing (LoS) and Land Rush (LR).  You will use LoS if no agreement is made.

NO EMP MISSILE SPAMMING.  This is defined as launching off more than 10 missiles in under 5-10 marks.  This will be up to the particular pair on what exact number to be used, and will be decided once the game has started.  THIS DOES NOT MEAN CHANGE IT RANDOMLY THROUGH THE PROGRESS OF THE GAME.

NO USING WRECKAGE MAPS.  After all, this IS designed to be fair, not a random outcome that wreaks having on people frustration.

NO FOUL LANGUAGE.  I don't believe this will be a problem, but I need to put it here anyway, just to close up the loopholes.

STANDARD MARKS:
     LoS:
          Beginner Division: Attack Mark = 750
          Expert Division:  Attack Mark = 350 - 500 (up to pair discretion)
     LR:
         Beginner Division: Build Mark = 25
         Expert Division:  Build Mark = 25 - 75 (up to pair discretion)
              NOTE: Attack marks are still the same as in LoS

IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE MARKS
Discuss with your pair and me, what mark you want set for what.  If I think it is helping the other player to much (more for beginners) then I will provide a median.

As for scoring.  I expect you to be honest and come back into the chat and tell me.  That way I can use the sheet I have for Excel to rank you.

I am hoping this goes well.
experienced members often throw away the wreckages. younger members do all they can to get that advantage. taking that element away pretty much pre-declares the winner of the tournament.

EMP spamming SHOULD be allowed under the condition that players recognize the opponents base(structures other then guard posts) are off limits. it's a b**** to reset all the common ore trucks.

lastly, you should incorporate Ties as a scoring option. often matches with me never finish due to busy schedules. another thing is that in LR games i have  been able to make my opponents mission IMPOSSIBLE when i destroyed my own convoy. took em a bit to find out where i hid.

(sorry if any of this sounds strange or disorganized. another time restraint is on my hands.)
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline jcj94

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 08:02:43 PM »
Well, Then I'll keep your issues in mind.  For the beginner maps, wreckage is allowed.

Missile Spamming is still a no-no, just becuase it's hard to fire 10 missiles in 5 marks, unless you have like 2 or 3 spaceports.  You just can't build them fast enough.

Offline Hidiot

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 10:01:57 PM »
I would like to suggest a team, should all the participants be willing:

Sirbomber and Highlander and me for 3 v 3's. When I have time.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Spikerocks101

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 11:50:13 PM »
Isn't their a such thing as Team mess hall? >_>

But yeah, I would be willing, as long as I get some good people like TH300 and Lev.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 12:15:06 AM »
First off, please disregard ECC's latest post. (No offense meant here ECC, but your last post is full of bad advice)

AM/BM:
Having an AM of 750 seems a bit too much. 500 should be more than enough to get ready. (Add in 100 extra if it is a LR)
BM for both beginners and experts should be 80. (Depending on the map)

experienced members often throw away the wreckages. younger members do all they can to get that advantage. taking that element away pretty much pre-declares the winner of the tournament.
Most often the "younger members" won't even have a clue there is a wreckage on the map. And since when did experienced players throw away wreckages ?
How does removing wreckages from the game pre-declare a winner ?

EMP spamming SHOULD be allowed under the condition that players recognize the opponents base(structures other then guard posts) are off limits. it's a b**** to reset all the common ore trucks.
You have a lot to learn about missiles and missile spamming I think.

lastly, you should incorporate Ties as a scoring option. often matches with me never finish due to busy schedules. another thing is that in LR games i have  been able to make my opponents mission IMPOSSIBLE when i destroyed my own convoy. took em a bit to find out where i hid.
Ties do happen, but not because of busy schedules. If you have to withdraw from a match, then you give the win to your opponent. Otherwise it would be quite simple to suddenly and conveniently have something coming up if your losing a game..

Actually, when you destroy your convoy in LR games - you have lost. Finding out where you hid the last vehicles is a minor inconvenience since your opponent can take his time and build up base and get weapons while you can do nothing. Not to mention you are wasting both your own and the other player's time.
If you do chose to act like an idiot(Ending the game before it began), please don't come here to brag about it..
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 08:10:31 AM »
i need to add one more new person tactic to the list of no-no's:

Detubing, it is highly frowned apon and cuting a players tube should be prohibited at the begining. Then again when its a mark game, this might not matter as much... just pointing this out.

(note i am not participating hence my schedule is complicated)

shame aint it?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:12:07 AM by Lord Of Pain »
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline jcj94

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 06:12:07 PM »
Okay, anyone going to participate, PM me so I can assign you a number, that or I'll assign from people who have commented.

I will edit the RULES post when I get time.  Sadly, I am on time constraint at the moment.

EDIT: Rules post has been updated.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:37:10 PM by jcj94 »

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 11:36:06 PM »
I would like to suggest a team, should all the participants be willing:

Sirbomber and Highlander and me for 3 v 3's. When I have time.
I'm suddenly interested in this tournament now.  Strange.

Anyways, it's fairly obvious you haven't put much thought into the rules, so how about we shake things up and go LoS only, anything goes?  No marks, no restrictions on tactics, no division of players into leagues (we're really not big enough to deal with that anyways).  And to make it fancy, how about maps are randomly chosen from a pre-defined pool, with players able to vote against a couple of maps?  This is, of course, a completely original idea of mine, not stolen from any recent RTS's I've been playing.

Also, ECC: TE[size=0] [/size]EM ME[size=0] [/size]S HA[size=0] [/size]Lers are allowed to do their own thing, but we must never face one another in battle.  So don't worry, I can be on a team with Highlander and Hidiot!  As long as I don't have to go head-to-head with Arklon or Betaray.

Edit: Also, we should allow ties in case you have to bail halfway through a game?!  No, sorry.  You surrender, and that's a loss.  Don't get involved if you don't have the time for it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:38:03 PM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Spikerocks101

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 01:29:55 AM »
First rule of TEEM mess hall, you don't fight against TEEM mess hall
Second rule of TEEM mess hall, you don't fight against TEEM mess hall

Any ways, I agree with mostly everythin Bomber said except "maps are randomly chosen from a pre-defined pool" since that just seems weird and unneed. Since we are all pretty much friends here, I think agreeing on a map isn't the worst idea.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline TH300

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 04:02:46 AM »
Playing in a team with only strong players is easy and doesn't gain you much respect.

Choosing the map randomly has the advantage of giving neither player an advantage. (some players may choose a map that they know better than their opponents and thus have an advantage)

It seems that the rules are not yet final. I won't sign up before I have the feeling that the rules are final.

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 07:02:45 AM »
Playing in a team with only strong players is easy and doesn't gain you much respect.
Hahaha, what?  Who the heck goes into a tournament purposefully choosing bad teammates?  TH300, have you ever even heard of team-based competition before?  You don't win gold medals at the Olympics with a team of obese 5 year olds.

Also, completely disregarding the fact that what you just said is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, it's cute that you think I care about "respect".
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 08:18:38 AM »

Also, ECC: TE[size=0] [/size]EM ME[size=0] [/size]S HA[size=0] [/size]Lers are allowed to do their own thing, but we must never face one another in battle.  So don't worry, I can be on a team with Highlander and Hidiot!  As long as I don't have to go head-to-head with Arklon or Betaray.

then all the other teams have already lost... hidiot, sirbomber, and highlander are some of the best people i know in op2 stradegies.... if anything...

You should NOT be paired with eachother, besides wouldent we want to make things interesting? instead of having a powerhouse team owning all us noobs? i mean CMON! don't give everyone else that disadvantage. It would be frowned apon hence taking no effort from either of you to own us.... So please, consider the little people FIRST before posting next time.. thank you.
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Hidiot

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 09:56:37 AM »
OR you could quit whining and learn how to stand a chance even up against these "some of the best people you know in op2 stradegies" (even if it's spelled strategies)

Also, I proposed that team in a slightly jokingly fashion. I am a bridge troll, after all.

If I'm not in there, Arklon or Beta will probably be, and then you have an even greater problem.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:56:52 AM by Hidiot »
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline jcj94

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 11:03:49 AM »
GAH, fine.  WE go with Sir Bombers rules.

GET YOH TEEMS NAOW!

Offline Spikerocks101

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 12:07:17 PM »
Bomber, ever wonder why they don't let professionals play in the Olympics? Atm, their is just not enough people in this to make it a decent turny. If we were to have it, the current rouster would be:
Team *unknown*:
Hidiot - agreed
Sirbomber - agreed
Highlander - not agreed
And others playing:
JCJ
LOP
ECC
Spike
TH300 - up in the air
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline jcj94

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 01:20:46 PM »
Then you get more people active.

I don't want to go on a PM rampage and MSG people who don't know WHAT I'm talking about.

I'd prefer if maybe one of the Admins spread word.  That way they'ed no its not some little dweeb bothering them.

Offline Spikerocks101

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 01:32:59 PM »
Once we get all the rules finalized (since their still up in the air), we could always make a post in the "News" forum.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 02:02:40 PM »
Say what you want; in the end it comes down to I'm going to team up with the people I want to team up with.

And Spike, you kinda missed the point, I think...

Offline Spikerocks101

Op2 Summer Tourny
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »
I know what you were saying, but saddly, you and Highlander are, atm, the 2 best players, and since this isn't the Olympics, just a friendly competition, having you 2 on the same teams makes it a tad unbalanced.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!