Author Topic: Ccf2  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Ccf2
« on: March 20, 2011, 07:41:01 AM »
First off Arklon, many thanks for a well developed and interesting map/scenario. (I take it as yours since you submitted it in the content contest - at least thats how I found it :) )

Having played through this a few times both with others and by myself I have to say this is really good work. Especially I like the new code which let's you put walls next to the lava (Should be incorporated into the game permanently!). The various building upgrades also provides something - at least fro me - fresh stuff.
The late Laser upgrade could also prove interesting, but haven't tested the upgraded version in combat so far.

However I also found some things lacking. (Since it's released as alpha version I assume this could be work in progress?)

- Eden AI does not repair base. Neither damaged buildings or rebuild destroyed ones.
  (A lucky quake might suddenly make this very easy)

- The Southwest Plymouth base - is it supposed to do anything or just sit there and take a beating ?

- Pathfinding. General problem in the game and also in this map at times. Any chance this can be improved ?

- Doomsday Ending - I have to say I really don't like this. I think it would be better to let people play this out as they see fit, whether it is to blast off into space asap or if they want to see the map consumed by the blight.  
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline evecolonycamander

Ccf2
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:03:06 AM »
- Doomsday Ending - I have to say I really don't like this. I think it would be better to let people play this out as they see fit, whether it is to blast off into space asap or if they want to see the map consumed by the blight.
I dislike this too. i love however sitting on a map and being able to casually build and eliminate educate my enemies
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:09:39 AM by evecolonycamander »
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
Ccf2
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 09:51:24 AM »
I dislike this too. i love however sitting on a map and being able to casually build and eliminate educate my enemies
That, and I'd feel more like the Plymouth version of Axen Moon, staying behind to see the world as a super computer :P