Author Topic: Remaking Outpost 2 Muliplayer With Galaxy Editor  (Read 20764 times)

Offline evecolonycamander

Remaking Outpost 2 Muliplayer With Galaxy Editor
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 10:50:28 AM »
It could also just fail, but if that happens, what do we lose?
our time. and possibly our money
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 07:33:17 AM »
you really shouldnt invest money into a game mod unless you a balls to the wall team of people that got your s*** together.

Time is abundance as its a human creation.

Offline trentonx

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 01:37:38 PM »
well my laptops broke for a while : (

I sent it in last week to be repaired for overheating issues. no biggy, backed up the custom map.

And then I got it back, and now the graphics card is broken, I can't run any thing that uses the GPU so I will inactive for a week or two : (

also update on ym progress, I got terran buildings to need power. : )

I got the wave weapon effect looking good : )

also as long as no ones an asshat if you want to help with the creation you can just "steal" the map editor, or I could private message you a guest pass.

you only have to log in once to unlock the map editor and then you'll have it forever, and can even play the map.

I guest you could only test for like a wee that guest pass works, but the map editor should work.

Or I could give out my username and password, or even buy another account for public use. Then change the password per person, like I said you don't need to log in more than once.

Wait did zhall post his video of his work so far anywhere? He got the sound effects and stuff up on youtube somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:47:07 PM by trentonx »

Offline trentonx

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2010, 01:46:27 PM »
well from what i have seen of mods for blizzard games thus far i wont hold my breath how ever i havent seen what kind of editing you can do to sc2.  given that i have seen wc3 editing so forth.  I have pretty much seen no one use new moddels for any thing jsut rename the orc into some thing like m4a1 super assaulter and call it some weird name mod.  If this is all that sc2 can offer ill gladly decline from playing it.
did you even click the links in the 1st post?

Offline Fenrisul

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »
http://www.xdtech.net/op2/

theres a few RAR files in there w/ the models in various formats.

have fun :)

Offline trentonx

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2010, 11:03:11 AM »
http://www.xdtech.net/op2/

theres a few RAR files in there w/ the models in various formats.

have fun :)
HUZZZAAAAHHHHHH!!!

just as I sit down to start modeling after my midterms and getting my laptop back you come in on your golden horse and save me weeks or work!

Now I can take your models into Zbrush today and get EPIC NORMAL MAPS.

I mean like the odessy epic, each texture will tell a century old story

ROCK ON! time to crank out some success!

Offline Fenrisul

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2010, 01:59:38 AM »
http://www.xdtech.net/op2/resources/

uploaded all my other stuff.   theres some high-poly versions of the evac, cargo, lynx, conestoga and some other goodies in there.

also all the building sprites extracted separately w/ alpha if you need them for anything.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:37:43 PM by Fenrisul »

Offline RipperKhan

• http://newvitech.com
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 02:51:56 PM »
i seen sum ppls posting bout they wont be able to play the mod cuz they dun have sc2, well if your able to get hold of the sc2 client here is a lil tool that u can use to play the game wid out loging into battle account doesnt require a cd key or any of that sort, http://sc2.nibbits.com/assets/starcrack-allin1/ i would check it out. As far as i know this tool is legal. if u cant find a way to get hold of the client i sure i can post the file to d/l it. But im very interested in this op2 mod if u guys need help i have experience wid the data editor, and u can compeltly make a full working game wid the sc2 engine, unfortuantly u need the sc2 client to play the mod. i acutally been working a a wow style sc2 rpg wid dungeons and a world for sc2. have even imported wow models and custum effects. but i can say it is defently possible to make a 3d oupost 2 or sum all new outpost game wid this engine.