Author Topic: "new Colony Games": The Command Center Bomb  (Read 3508 times)

Offline elwood_s

"new Colony Games": The Command Center Bomb
« on: June 16, 2010, 08:02:55 AM »
One of the features of angellus's "New Colony Games" is a Mega-Quake that is strong enough to level an entire base. It's supposed to target your original Command Center, forcing you to do the research necessary (survtechm tech tree) to manufacture Command Center structure kits, so you can build a second base before it wipes you out. However, the first time I played this game I discovered, much to my chagrin, that the Mega-Quake can target your second Command Center instead, at least if it's connected back to your original base by tube.  I very quickly realized that I could have laa sorts of fun, at the AI's expense, with this "feature".

So the next time I played this game,  I built my second Command Center right on the doorstep of the AI's base and sat back to watch the festivities..... :D :D :D

Below are some screen caps of the events.  I apologize for the poor quality of most of the images.  I saved them ~1024 wide so that they could be viewed by most folks with little or no scrolling. In hindsight I realize that was a mistake.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 08:37:57 AM »
1) Wrong place.  This belongs in the General Interest forum.
2) What pictures, fool?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline elwood_s

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 08:43:21 AM »
This is right at the beginning of the Quake.  That's my "Command Center Bomb" on the far left side, and the little flash in the upper right is some sort of AI vehicle exploding.

Here's where his Guard Posts start to explode.

Offline elwood_s

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 08:54:37 AM »
This is after the AI's defenses were flattened and his buildings are starting to take damage.

If I remember correctly, the flash in the upper right was a vehicle that came to try to repair the Command Center.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 11:46:08 AM by elwood_s »

Offline Spikerocks101

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 08:25:42 PM »
Lol. Thats pretty epic.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Eznoobpwned

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 08:17:05 PM »
Hell yeah! That is so hilarious. Made my day finding this. :)

Offline Angellus Mortis

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 08:31:04 PM »
Afraid that will not work again. :P That problem has been fixed, along with many others. I should have a new working version within a week. I am working on the new AI tech order now. Also, there WILL be an Eden AI when you play as Plymouth this time. :D

Also, the Advanced Lab that umm... triggers the blight, is now almost disaster resistant.  
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:46:35 PM by angellus »

Offline elwood_s

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 09:27:47 PM »
Oh well,

It was fun while it lasted. :D