Author Topic: Outpost 2 Trainer  (Read 7894 times)

Offline evecolonycamander

Outpost 2 Trainer
« on: April 10, 2010, 08:50:58 PM »
At the bottom of this post i have a trainer for any one who wants it. tell me if you like it and if you don't then go ahead and tell me why and what it needs to make it better. ask me for any thing Except Invincibility that trainer is the only one i WILL NOT give out.

Current version: v1.3
[size=8]Note: you will need winrar to open the file[/size]

EDIT by BlackBox: Attachment removed.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:00:01 PM by BlackBox »
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 03:35:08 AM »
I am really totally against trainers or hacks even more so if they work over multiplayer.

Offline Hidiot

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 04:24:59 AM »
On a general scale, I wouldn't be against them if they helped you get to a more advanced stage quicker, sparing you of the time it takes you to get there normally. Applicable mostly to replays.

But games like Outpost 2... don't need trainers. Especially since you can cheat extensively by modding the .txt files the game uses. you can modify anything from the ore mines output, through how morale is affected, to every aspect of your weapons, vehicles and buildings.
As an added bonus, these don't work in multi player, unless you can match the original checksum.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:25:53 AM by Hidiot »
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 11:36:50 AM »
currently working on a way to block it from the multiplayer games. so far no luck. ive noticed how ever that my [change mark to] cheat some times produces a "cheated game" text in the corner of the screen
-famous last words

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »
So after we have witnessed how cheating killed a lot of the fun back on WON and our community have spent a lot of time and effort on removing the cheats from the game, you think it's a good idea to release a trainer that works with multiplayer ECC ?
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Sirbomber

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 12:54:51 PM »
I'm guessing he hasn't realized it results in a desync yet.

And if it actually does work in multiplayer, all in favor of banning this moron?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 01:44:23 PM »
okey hears a development for you i just found out it only effects player one in multi
and if that doesn't satisfy you you can all way send a scout to your opponents to check out if they are cheating.
-famous last words

Offline AmIMeYet

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 01:45:06 PM »
[...] And if it actually does work in multiplayer, all in favor of banning this moron?
not over this

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 01:48:18 PM »
not over this
thanks.

uhh plan on doing another cheat tomorrow
[superblight/lava wall]
-famous last words

Offline Hidiot

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 01:54:13 PM »
Yes, because people like starting games, spending a good few minutes into it, only to discover someone's cheating.

Ban? No. Deleting any attempt at uploading this? Yes. But I guess that's up to the administration to decide.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 02:11:22 PM »
okey hears a development for you i just found out it only effects player one in multi
and if that doesn't satisfy you you can all way send a scout to your opponents to check out if they are cheating.
Aha, so all I have to do is to make sure I am the host of the game and at the same time I will be the only one cheating ? Well thats a real challenge..

And to avoid being caught all I have to do is to make sure nobody comes close to my base with a scout..

Only difference from the cheating that destroyed the game back in the days is that now, the host is the only one that can cheat. If someone catches him doing it they will have to quit the game rather than cheating themselves and kicking his butt.

Or, how about we twist the scenario around a bit.. Let someone else pull off the actual cheating and let Player 1 get the extra resources ++ Then send a scout to his base, get a screen of the supposed cheater and do some posting here about how they caught player X cheating.. Who's gonna want to play with player X again ? I'd certainly be very suspect about it.

The only obvious way around this is to let all players in a game have a scout in player 1's base to make sure nothing goes on. That will certainly take a bit of extra work to accomplish just so we can make sure we are playing in a cheat free game..

No, seriously ECC, your right of course. Those concerns above is just silly thoughts/worries. After all it's just 1 player that can cheat and all I have to do is to get a scout into said players base and place it next to his CC. No trouble at all.
(End of sarcastic paragraph)

NOW SERIOUSLY, GET THIS TOPIC AND FILE DELETED FROM THE BOARDS!  

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »
kinda sad i contribute to you all and get this in return. oh well i guess that is how the internet works. so any way BESIDES deleting destroying and the like what dose it need
-famous last words

Offline Hidiot

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 02:44:09 PM »
To contribute, you must first make something useful, something constructive.

Cheats that work in multi player are 100% (or more, if anyone wants to exaggerate) destructive.

If you did this by editing memory, here's something tons more useful you could do: make functions that retrieve in-game data into the mission .dll for processing and/or altering for the purpose of fulfilling the requirements of a custom map.

Now, before anyone starts calling you names... again. Use your head and think about the logic of what has been said.

Offline Spikerocks101

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 03:00:38 PM »
Seriously? I really don't get how it's that bad... If the other player wants to cheat, then I think it will just make it more fun to beat him. I almost view this as a way to make games fair when I play all theses n00bs on the IRC who almost killed the game for me. Let them host, give them double the starting resources, and see if that evens it up...
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Hidiot

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 03:05:41 PM »
Leveling the playing field is a noble idea, but it almost never works, because skill is something you can't replace with cheap tricks and handicaps.

If you don't like playing with newbs (not noobs, there is a major difference), help them become experienced. Teach them build orders to important techs, teach them army combinations, tactics, how to align their base, why it's important to build the Advanced Lab and Spaceport a distance away from other buildings.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 03:14:17 PM »
You F'ing clown. This is NOT contribution this is destruction of a working game.

If you cannot see the implications of this, then that truly is your problem. But with this posted you are making it a problem for all of us!

Offline Hidiot

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 03:25:20 PM »
Friendly note: This is the first time I've seen Highlander become so annoyed, and that's saying something.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 04:28:28 PM »
I'm not angry. I am in fact quite angry.
Cheating destroyed this game for a lot of players back in the days. While I cannot stop individuals from obtaining the skills to make these programs, those individuals will be quite few and you would just have to trust them not to employ it in games.
With EEC spreading this about suddenly anyone can do as they please and suddenly you can never be sure if your opponent is cheating or not.

Having just played this new-b, it's quite clear that he has no/little understanding how multiplayer games work nor does he realize the implications of his recently released program.

After pinning him in his base in a 700 mark game, I asked him if he could somehow tell if I cheated in the game. (Not being able to get outside his base would make that impossible) His response was simply "I don't care, I didn't cheat" And then he went on about talking about how he had a special version of this program that always allowed him to cheat,

In the next game I put a scout in his base as a security measure against any cheating. That caused him to be angry, but when explaining why the scout must be there because of his special version trainer he was bragging about, he assumed that his promise of not cheating would be enough.

I have no hope of convincing this guy that his personal feelings and his promise of not cheating, will NOT actually stop any others from abusing this program. So I'll just have to place my trust in the rest of the community recognizing this for what it is and hope some Moderator removes this asap!

Offline Spikerocks101

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 05:35:10 PM »
I think we just need to either remove this or some how redo the check sum so you cant use it during multiplayer games... And seriously guys, your all total ass holes >_>
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 05:44:06 PM »
Updated now only half of the cheats work in multi (i hope)
-famous last words

Offline Sirbomber

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 06:11:35 PM »
And seriously guys, your all total ass holes >_>
So lemme get Spike's reasoning straight... ECC makes a trainer that works in multiplayer, we get mad about it, and we're the bad guys?

No.  Maybe you don't know this, but built-in cheats killed this game.  We finally got rid of them, and for years it was a bannable offense to even talk about them on the forums/IRC.  And now this clown makes an invincibility hack and then posts it for download.  And then you have the audacity to defend him?!

No Spike.  We're not the bad guys here.  You and your buddy ECC are.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 06:44:35 PM »
invincibility is not for distribution because it takes the fun out of the game. my trainer only gets rid of micro management (and stuff that melts you). and before you say things about it please download it to see for yourself. the when you have go ahead and tell me what you think
-famous last words

Offline Spikerocks101

Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »
And Sirbomber, to clear something up, I am not saying its good that he made these cheats, I'm just saying that he didn't make them to kill the game.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 08:32:46 PM »
This topic is turning into a warzone, so I'm locking it.  In 24 hours I will be moving it to the admin/mod only section so that it can be discussed properly and decided if it whould be put back and unlocked or deleted and completely blocked out.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Outpost 2 Trainer
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 11:01:27 PM »
Attachment removed, the administration of OPU does not tolerate cheating in any way, shape, or form.

I would imagine that use of such a trainer would cause odd glitches or a game desync (as mentioned "it only affects one player") but still we don't need to encourage this.

If anything of this nature is reposted it will result in a permanent ban.
In addition if we discover that people are arranging games with OPU members and then using said cheats they will be banned from IRC and the forums as well, we do not support cheating in any way and will use any means possible to remove those who do it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:06:46 PM by BlackBox »