Author Topic: Multitek2 Maps  (Read 13335 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Maps
« on: March 23, 2010, 08:48:36 AM »
Multitek2 is not dead, just on hold.  I'm doing other stuff so I can get better at AI.

Anyways, I realized that I didn't have to write all of the MT2 multiplayer missions myself.  So I'm asking anybody who's interested in coding to make maps for use with Multitek2.  I've attached a dev kit containing the MT2 sheets.vol and Multitek2.txt.

When making new maps, make sure you set the techtree used to "Multitek2.txt" and not "Multitek.txt" by mistake.

You can download the Multitek2 techtree and sheets here.

If you have any questions, post them here.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out with this.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Kayedon

Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »
While I don't have time to A: Learn how to and B: Do it, I'd still be totally happy to help with that story if you want.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 02:10:38 PM »
Yes, but hurry up since I've started writing my own story out of desperation and it is awful.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Kayedon

Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 05:24:09 PM »
Yes, but hurry up since I've started writing my own story out of desperation and it is awful.
I have nothing to work with!
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 05:28:39 PM »
Lies.

Let's stop talking about that here.  PM me.

Offline Angellus Mortis

Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 09:25:10 AM »
This may just be a fail on my part but whenever I goto use Multitek2, I have all the structures unlocked from the start. What is wrong?

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 10:21:11 AM »
You're probably only using the techtree and not the modded sheets.

Offline Angellus Mortis

Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 10:47:13 AM »
If I use the modded sheets then I cannot play online right? Checksum error? I will have to take that into consideration for using it.

Also, would you be interested in testing my colony and telling me how many people I should put for the difficulties? I am not too good at it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 11:04:19 AM by angellus »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 12:39:40 PM »
Just wanted to add real quick that I'm available to make the maps themselves for anyone who can code but finds making maps difficult.  I don't know mission coding yet (don't have enough consecutive time to go through your tutorials at the moment bomber =/), but maps of most sizes are easy enough (don't need consecutive time in order to build them :P)
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 01:43:24 PM »
If I use the modded sheets then I cannot play online right? Checksum error? I will have to take that into consideration for using it.
MT2 is a mod.  Use the mod loader.

Offline Angellus Mortis

Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 04:18:23 PM »
Use the mod loader.
How do I use the mod loader?

Also, when I researched Physics, I could not build Guard Posts. I thought I was suppose to?

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 08:00:37 PM »
Create a shortcut to OP2.  Go to Properties and add /loadmod Multitek2 to the end of the Target.  Create a new folder in your OP2 folder named Multitek2 and add the techtree and sheets to that folder.

Offline Angellus Mortis

Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »
I got HFL working finally and you said I could use Multitek2 without the mod loader if I did. Now, how do I do that?

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 11:48:17 PM »
Ask BlackBox.  I know there's a way to reload the sheets files, so I guess what you'd have to do is specify a different set of sheets to load.

Offline Leviathan

Re: Multitek2 Maps
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 10:05:08 PM »
Hey Sirbomber. Whats the status on the Multitek2 project?

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 11:50:53 PM »
I released a v1.0 of the multiplayer aspect.  I released the new techtree and the modified sheets, as well as some multiplayer levels, but I don't think the mod ever saw much use, so I never got balance feedback.  I believe I have 5 or 6 missions coded for the Eden campaign but I'm sure they're very rough and don't have an accompanying novella.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 09:41:45 AM »
I've been taking a look at it. Looks like you put a lot of work into it. Looks like a intresting project and the first real new tech tree.

Do you have a list of the multiplayer maps that use it?

Good to hear that another campaign is being worked on. Any plans to continue or release the source-code so that others could take a look and maybe help? Main problem is AI scripting takes so long.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 03:05:44 PM »
I just looked at my MT2 dev folder and everything is quite disorganized.  I'll need to take a closer look at the files when I get the time and clean them up before I post anything.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 07:51:53 PM »
Did you make any progress on this?

How many multiplayer maps are there?

Would be great if you could share your work even if its unfinished.