Author Topic: Outpost Monopoly  (Read 43872 times)

Offline Hidiot

Outpost Monopoly
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2010, 03:01:51 AM »
It would still need confirmation from both sides.

What's wrong with the honour system? We already sort of use it. Generally, if someone insists on abusing something, or disregarding some commonly-agreed rules, people will stop playing with him / her after patience has run low / out.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of spending too much time installing safeguards just because some people fail to be social enough to respect a few simple, non-or-lightly-restrictive rules and / or agreements.

Also, remember that hosts can kick. And kicking a player removes all interactions with that player (except chatting).
By the way, kicking and internal quitting (the /quit command) are the least tested. I did my best, but I still might have missed something.  
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline elwood_s

Outpost Monopoly
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2010, 11:28:33 AM »
To be honest, I don't like the idea of spending too much time installing safeguards just because some people fail to be social enough to respect a few simple, non-or-lightly-restrictive rules and / or agreements.
I don't blame you a bit. That's why I limited my above suggestion to renaming the command rather than a request for checks or safeguards.

What's wrong with the honour system? We already sort of use it. Generally, if someone insists on abusing something, or disregarding some commonly-agreed rules, people will stop playing with him / her after patience has run low / out....

Also, remember that hosts can kick. And kicking a player removes all interactions with that player (except chatting).
By the way, kicking and internal quitting (the /quit command) are the least tested. I did my best, but I still might have missed something.
Agreed on all counts.

One more suggestion though, that would make it easier for all the players in a game to help keep any potential miscreants honest.  If it's possible and not difficult to implement, would you consider freezing (graying out) the check boxes in the ALLIES/CHAT menu?

That way all trade negotiations would have to be conducted openly, and in the event of a dispute would assure that the host and other players could consult their Communications Logs to see what actually had been promised and delivered.  This would also be consistent with the way negotiations are conducted in the original game; across the game table in full view of the other players.  As it stands now, in Outpost Monopoly by default all players are allied and chat messages are sent to all players (good), but everyone is free to change their own ALLIES/CHAT settings.

Hope I'm not being too much of a pest.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:45:18 AM by elwood_s »

Offline Hidiot

Outpost Monopoly
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2010, 11:35:25 AM »
I don't think I can, or it wouldn't be worth it, for the previously stated reason.

I made this map so that people can have fun, not exploit.  

Offline Hidiot

Outpost Monopoly
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2010, 10:05:57 AM »
Have added another little check in the commands system, and added a new command for hosts to alter starting money.

I might start work on the Save/Load system soon. It's still being thought out, though.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:11:25 AM by Hidiot »

Offline evecolonycamander

Outpost Monopoly
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2010, 01:32:53 PM »
this is good. can you add a different tile set so you can tell the groups of properties from each other? just like the board game version
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Hidiot

Outpost Monopoly
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2010, 02:28:41 PM »
Cosmetics are a low priority. No custom tile sets will be used.

So far, you can sort of easily distinguish the groups, since there can only be 2 full groups on each side, the groups are compact and only the first and last group have 2 lots.

The type of buildings that represent the lots should also be an indicator. Groups usually have a theme to distinguish them from the next group.
The last group, for instance, is made up of the Observatory and Spaceport.

Offline evecolonycamander

Outpost Monopoly
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2010, 05:22:53 PM »
okey, thanks. well at least there is progress
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Hidiot

Outpost Monopoly
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2010, 02:44:45 AM »
I question what you mean by that, since the base functionality of the game is already complete. What is being worked on now is basically extras that I want included. And fixing bugs which no one (except elwood_s) seems to report.

Offline Sirbomber

Outpost Monopoly
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »
You don't promote it enough.  I'm interested in this, but I hear so little about it I assume you're not working on it very much.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hidiot

Outpost Monopoly
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2010, 11:16:20 AM »
Granted I work on it sporadically, but I will say this (probably again, but differently):

The game is fully playable, basically complete, with anything on the features-to-add list going beyond Monopoly game play (as defined for this map).
What this means is that I need bug testing, of which I can only do so much on my own.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 11:17:52 AM by Hidiot »