Author Topic: Spam....why Me?  (Read 24397 times)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Spam....why Me?
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 04:22:33 PM »
Highlander, I did explain it within the appropriate definitions of what is expected to go with punishment in general.  However, I refrained from going through the posts and citing specific examples.  To do so would be an exercise in futility, as it would require balancing out which is the best example.  If you'd like, I can show you the conversation so you can review it.

LOP, the runescape forums are not able to be compared to these forums due to the difference in magnitude.  You can't apply the same restictions to a flea that you can a cow.  Ultimatly it comes down to this:
outpost universe is a fairly laid back community that has survived because of the fans.  As such, we have come to expect certain criteria in posts.  These have been made available for newer members to review a few times in our time as a community.  When your posts started deviating from this by too much, other members of the community attempted to correct you and even told you what you were doing wrong.  Personally, i was letting it slide, hoping that you would correct yourself.  When I noticed no improvement, I discussed the options with the rest of the moderating staff and went with what I felt was the least harsh option.

CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Sirbomber

Spam....why Me?
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 04:25:46 PM »
Highlander, did you even bother reading our posts, or just LoP's?  We've told him he's spammed.  His counter-argument is "no I didn't" and/or "the Runescape forum doesn't consider it spam".  He claims to be autistic, maybe he doesn't understand the concept of rules, or that rules vary by place.

Also, stop whining about this place not being "friendly" towards new users.  We aren't, believe it or not.  We just don't like morons who ignore the rules.  Besides, LoP has been here for three years.  When does a user stop being "new" according to you?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:26:54 PM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Spam....why Me?
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 08:05:34 PM »
what an amusing thread havent seen one of these in a while. hehe

any way definitions of spam and flaming aside.

If you did some thing wrong or not.  If the admin deletes or changes your post/thread you only have to rememeber one thing.

they are admins they probably know what there doing.  and you can always ask them about it not the entire forum populace hehe.  because youll only further to entice sirbomber and arklon into action.

admins are god pray and bow to them and they might smile and show mercy.  Cry to them and youll get hit with a ownage stick.

Offline Spikerocks101

Spam....why Me?
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 08:15:08 PM »
So your saying Hooman is a god, and we should bow and pray to him? *hides*
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Moley

Spam....why Me?
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 10:00:44 PM »
if my opinion matters at all...
i belive that LordOfPain has a point...
all you guys (assuming male gender no offense...) have done is repeat the same arguments over and over...
the least any of you could do is answer the ONE question he has asked over, and over, and over...
WHERE! where exactly is a post of his that is considered spammy to THIS form.
He has not said anything like "i haven't broke any rules from RS yet, so you guys must be unjust in your judgment!"...
why is your arguments focused solely on RS? we get it, you hate it, so what, agree to disagree on the status of the game and move on already...
can anyone put an end to the poor dudes misery? he already said he can't self-analyze! so give him an example or are we all just going to prove his point that he has done nothing wrong...
I HATE SPELLING!!!!!!
if i spell something or screw up grammer,
ignore it or tell me if you dont understand what i typed.

Offline Sirbomber

Spam....why Me?
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 10:10:16 PM »
He has not said anything like "i haven't broke any rules from RS yet, so you guys must be unjust in your judgment!"...
Spamming is against the rules of runescape, and i never i repeat NEVER spam according to them.
O RLY?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Spam....why Me?
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 11:31:10 PM »
moley, your post suggests that you either did not read all the posts or did not understand 90% of their content.

Posts made by LOP that were considered spam were said to be so by various members of the community and therefore should be all the example needed.  Most people in this thread have seen these posts, and therefore none need to be quoted.

As to RS references, LOP is the one that brought it up, stating that he was following the guidlines of the rs forums.  All responses to this have been to state the lack of validity in comparing the guidelines of these two communities.
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Spam....why Me?
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2010, 01:03:45 AM »
Highlander, I did explain it within the appropriate definitions of what is expected to go with punishment in general.  However, I refrained from going through the posts and citing specific examples.  To do so would be an exercise in futility, as it would require balancing out which is the best example.  If you'd like, I can show you the conversation so you can review it.
Fair enough CK9. No need for me to see any logs etc, I trust you guys are doing your jobs :)

(Still just saying, he is asking to be shown what he has done wrong and an example could potentially point him in the right direction. If he has caused as much offense as he seemingly has, showing him 1 example of his wrongdoing shouldn't take long, it doesn't  have to be "the best" example)

Sirbomber, of course I didn't bother reading replies before posting (Sarcasm). Now, did you read and try to understand my point ?
What I find wrong here and what is my main point in this is, is that LoP asked for examples of his wrongdoings. So far no one has pointed him in the right direction with a specific example. If he doesn't understand why his posts are spam, how does repeatedly telling him he is spamming resolve the situation.
(As already stated with in LoP's, your own and Hidiot's first post in this thread, definition of spamming seem to vary quite a bit)
(Also, I'm sure we can come up with 5 or more pathological reasons potentially explaining LoP's lack conformity to the social norm of this place, though I think that is irrelevant)

As for me pointing out the unfriendliness of this place Sirbomber. Am I not entitled to my own opinion in this matter ? (As you seem to be entitled to your opinion?)
If you're asking me to justify my opinion, just take a look on your 2nd and 3rd post in this topic. This might of course just be me, but I don't believe flinging insults is a good way to resolve any conflict.
(Then again I'm sure you can provide examples for the case that this community is a (new person)friendly place - so let's settle at a difference of opinions ?)
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Moley

Spam....why Me?
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 07:04:22 AM »
OK... so you have the time to point out my mistakes, but not his?
just give the kid a link to one of his posts, and if he dosn't improve, then yell at him...
or did i miss another topic where this was?
And if i did, post a link to THAT post...
I HATE SPELLING!!!!!!
if i spell something or screw up grammer,
ignore it or tell me if you dont understand what i typed.

Offline Sirbomber

Spam....why Me?
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 09:18:40 AM »
As for me pointing out the unfriendliness of this place Sirbomber. Am I not entitled to my own opinion in this matter ?
I love how "X has a different opinion than me" somehow translates to "X believes I can't have my own opinions" in your world, Highlander.

And as Arklon pointed out, we can't provide examples of his spammy posts because they've all been deleted as spam...

Edit: This may surprise all of you, but I actually used to like having LoP around.  It's only recently that he's started annoying me.  If he cleans up his act, we can all put this behind us.  But until then, we have to deal with him in other ways.

Edit 2: Checked the posts Highlander mentioned.  Second post may be unnecessarily harsh.  Third post is me calling LoP out on flame-baiting.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:25:10 AM by Sirbomber »

Offline Hidiot

Spam....why Me?
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2010, 11:47:07 AM »
And as Arklon pointed out, we can't provide examples of his spammy posts because they've all been deleted as spam...
1. This needs to stick out.

2. How come LoP can't remember at least one of his own topics/posts that got deleted?

Part of me is starting to question whether or not LoP isn't doing this just for laughs

If it needs said, I also enjoyed LoP's presence up until recent events, just as I enjoy the presence of any lasting member that doesn't otherwise catch my attention in a positive way.

Lastly, were all of his spammy posts deleted for good? Was at least one moved to a Trash section, from where it could be brought back as an example?
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Spam....why Me?
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2010, 12:41:55 PM »
moley, replying to your mistake was a simple task, as it did not require going outside the thread.  LOP knows which posts are offending, as he is the one who responded to the posts pointing them out as spam with excuses that, in all honesty, don't hold water.

So far, I see you using an attack strategy in your posts without the supporting fire to back it up.  If you wish to further attack the issue in terms of what has or has not been provided, do so knowing that it is an issue that is considered dead based on the other posts in the topic.
CK9 in outpost

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Spam....why Me?
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2010, 12:52:23 PM »
Thank you highlander and moley, we really needed that cleared up.

Now to anwser some questions about posts i remember:

-"1st, 2nd, no 3rd base!"  I made fun of sirbomber calling him missbomber. That was a mistake and very childish of me.

-The post i posted to wooman, somthing i can't rember, but i think i was teasing her.

-me posting my joking crush on savant on the shoutbox, though i forget the details.

Unanwsered questions:

When i was temp banned from irc, for saying:
"I am i boy scout and i do not cuss
lllll
llll_
_lll_
__ll_
__l__"
-each line was a post i made, i madeabout five posts, then spike asked me to stop, then i made one more as he was asking, then i stoped when i noticed his post on irc. I will not beleive this is all i did on irc to get banned for a week. What else did i post on irc?

-another thing, i slaped a person, then got kicked off the channel. To this very day im like WTF? i think i slapped th300, but i cant remember...

-sirbomber has a specific slap that in great detail explains masterpating.... is that childish or what?
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Spam....why Me?
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2010, 01:05:01 PM »
I am glad you are realizing your forum mistakes, lop.  That was all I needed to see to prove that you were going to make an effort to improve.  As to IRC, I think we need to see chat logs here.

If anyone was on using either mIRC or NNS during these cases, please make them available for viewing.  I don't know what happened on IRC and therefore cannot form a stable opinion on the situation.  I only have the word of a few people.  The more chatlogs available, the better (to rule out tampering-not that I'm saying anyone here would, but better to be sure).
CK9 in outpost

Offline Sirbomber

Spam....why Me?
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2010, 01:21:28 PM »
-sirbomber has a specific slap that in great detail explains masterpating.... is that childish or what?
1)  Uhhh... what?  This is news to me.
2) This isn't about me, or Arklon, or CK9, or Spikerocks, or anyone else.  This is about you.  Stop trying to shift blame onto others.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 01:22:03 PM by Sirbomber »

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Spam....why Me?
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »
All im saying is, that another reason why not to trust sirbomber's word on most of my cases. I can't trust you or arklon.... untill you can show me that you are mature.

I am not shifting blame, im just pointing out that sirbomber is not always on a clean slate. This tremendiously affects the way people can veiw you.
To tell you the truth, my first  impression of you was of a 10 year old.

Also note that sirbomber is not always correct, neither am i, or hidiot for that matter.

Hidiot's statements on this topic are all opinions.

Sirbomber, how is that news to you? You can't deny the truth that you can be obscene with your slaps, talking about letting the white foam sit in the sun- thats disgusting! Clean your act up right now young man!

____
Now again, arklon has been bullying me on irc... i gave him no reason to kick me that first time for slapping, or temp ban me for typing around 5 messages in a row then stoping. I can only assume that he knows not how to consult restraint in his moderating actions. The reason? I honestly don't know.

_____
another thing, if you don't like my sig, then guess what; you can ignore it! i don't give a damn what you think of my sig, it may bee big, but it does not ruin a topic. stop whining about my sig and move on to another topic. jeeze you guys are sensitve.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:42:49 PM by Lord Of Pain »
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Sirbomber

Spam....why Me?
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2010, 02:50:35 PM »
Sirbomber, how is that news to you? You can't deny the truth that you can be obscene with your slaps, talking about letting the white foam sit in the sun- thats disgusting!
That's not one of my slaps you moron.  Maybe you should actually figure out who said what before you accuse random people.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:54:37 PM by Sirbomber »

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Spam....why Me?
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2010, 03:07:02 PM »
Now again, arklon has been bullying me on irc... i gave him no reason to kick me that first time for slapping, or temp ban me for typing around 5 messages in a row then stoping. I can only assume that he knows not how to consult restraint in his moderating actions. The reason? I honestly don't know.
You yourself admitted you can't make judgements for yourself, yet here you are attempting to do so. That isn't about bullying. That was you breaking rules and getting punished (after being given plenty of simple warnings for the first several times you did so). And you refuse to believe, again, that you broke any rules and therefore shouldn't have been punished, and saying that because you were punished even though, according to you, no rules were broken, so nothing's your fault, therefore, it's bullying and my fault as a channel operator. Sounds similar to when you said that flaming or flame baiting would be Mez's fault, yes?

Try refreshing your memory with this PM you sent me after one of your bans:
Dear Arklon,

With deep sorrow and my apoligies for anoying you and sirbomber, i would like you to please forgive me. No need to lift my ban early; i doubt i deserve it. Though i just hope you take the time to forgive me.
I will do much harder next time to restrain my self from my crazyness.
I admit i talk alot; and sometimes spam; i just hope you understand that i regret this. I am truly sorry.

-LOP
You did see the reason for the ban, now you claim you don't.

As for your autism, I have a brother who is pretty badly autistic. He would also visit forums and IRC networks. So happens he would also act up and often times get banned. I feel sorry for your condition, as I do for my brother, but there is still no acceptable excuse for unacceptable behavior.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:20:56 PM by Arklon »

Offline Spikerocks101

Spam....why Me?
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2010, 04:52:02 PM »
As for your autism, I have a brother who is pretty badly autistic. He would also visit forums and IRC networks. So happens he would also act up and often times get banned. I feel sorry for your condition, as I do for my brother, but there is still no acceptable excuse for unacceptable behavior.
What if someone had a gun to his head and forced him to spam... how about then?
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Sirbomber

Spam....why Me?
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2010, 05:13:08 PM »
Seriously?  Could this discussion sink any lower?  That argument is a non-argument.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Spam....why Me?
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2010, 06:25:33 PM »
okay, now this is just getting rediculous, locking
CK9 in outpost