Author Topic: Human Slave  (Read 15350 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Human Slave
« on: November 27, 2009, 09:39:25 AM »
Any way now that your in here

Humans are lazy by nature.

I disagree is just the path of least resistance made by there own life style especally here in america.  What is the line between nature design and the free will of the higher thinking life forms.

Offline Spikerocks101

Human Slave
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 05:44:47 AM »
I think the whole point of life is useless. Think of it, the only reason were alive is to reproduce, but to what end? It seems pointless to live, on to die.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Hidiot

Human Slave
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 08:08:03 AM »
Each human lives for their own goal(s), no matter how superficial.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Spikerocks101

Human Slave
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 02:57:22 AM »
I always wonder, if everything bad, like hate, racism, violence, ect. all disappeared, would we be bored because everything fun is at the demise of some one else?
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Hidiot

Human Slave
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »
Only those who can't push their standards upwards would think that.
Some of us take more pleasure in seeing things built and humans enlightened (Ok, I admit, enlightenment is debatable on its own) than in the likes of violence.

Offline Spikerocks101

Human Slave
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 03:37:47 PM »
See, I always get this weird feeling that I want to start a war to end all wars. Like, for example, use traqualizors instead of bullets, and have people fight for me only if they want too, and any prisoners will be released after the war. But I some times think, what would be the goal of peoples lifes after, since the mild idea of countries seems to actually be enjoyable, to an extent.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Human Slave
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 03:37:27 AM »
We're only in here because we got to click a link. If we had to type, well, we'd be too lazy.

Humans are slaves to links. :P

Offline Spikerocks101

Human Slave
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 02:31:54 PM »
Some how, I can really see a Hooman video game doing very successful, we just get links all over the internet to it.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Human Slave
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 07:51:16 PM »
human nature is to find the most simple way to accomplish things.  As it continues on, we lose more and more of our choices to a system of easier pathways.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Sirbomber

Human Slave
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 10:03:13 PM »
Spikerocks, after reading your posts, I want to stay far, far away from you.

Humans are slaves to the negative energies which Lord Xenu must purge from us.  Or something.   :P  
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Human Slave
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 11:17:26 PM »
holy s*** i forgot i made this i think i was drinking when i posted it. im drinking now hmm seems to be a pattern.

any way

if there was some thing you want would you take the easy path or the path with more satifaction but it might take your whole life.  it is the nature of humans to pick that lazy path over the harder one or just a way of life we all become acostum to.

and if so how would these silly apes over come this path of least resistance. all answers are excepted except for the out landishly stupid ones.

Offline Kayedon

Human Slave
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 12:14:08 AM »
holy s*** i forgot i made this i think i was drinking when i posted it. im drinking now hmm seems to be a pattern.

any way

if there was some thing you want would you take the easy path or the path with more satifaction but it might take your whole life.  it is the nature of humans to pick that lazy path over the harder one or just a way of life we all become acostum to.

and if so how would these silly apes over come this path of least resistance. all answers are excepted except for the out landishly stupid ones.
Drunk is the only way to make sense of certain things? =D

We just do as we want, with as little effort. Greatest reward + smallest effort = satisfaction.

I like a little hard work sometimes though. So I think as a GENERAL RULE we're a damn lazy race, but individuals are different.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Human Slave
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 02:26:57 PM »
you cannot overcome the path of least resistance without creating one with even less resistance.  It is the nature of the universe to follow the path of least reistance, or else circuits would never short out.
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Human Slave
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 09:12:26 AM »
uuuh... after reading all that my head hurts. :wacko:  :wacko:

it is an interesting topic, nice work.

It is only human nature to do the following:

To think as a group.
To think as a single being.
To adjust to surroundings.
To learn/evolve faster over time.
To reason.
The ability to make use of fire.
And much more.

All im saying is we are a unigue species on this planet.
The human race is very diverse from all other life forms on this planet.
Out of the billions of animals and plants, we are a gifted race.

Let me ask you all this: Whould you rather be human, or an animal, or a plant?
The answer should be obvious, we as humans should be proud of our race.
We also have great responisbilities on this earth. Such as preserving wildlife.

Now don't get me wrong, with every upside theres a downside too.
We polute and destroy life on this planet.
One question to consider would be; would the world be better off without humans from the start?
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Human Slave
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 09:23:23 AM »
the answer to the first question is obvious for me, but probably not what you would expect....

and yes, the planet would be better off without humans from the start.  It would remain in its natural balance rather than being pulled towards extremes
CK9 in outpost

Offline Hidiot

Human Slave
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 10:20:37 AM »
Humans are animals. Natural life is divided into only two categories: plants and animals.

Humans live just like any other animal on this planet. They are intelligent animals, making use of tools and, abstractly, their minds. A human's brain is more like a tool than anything else. As such, different humans will rely in differing amounts on their brain. Some other intelligent animals do that too, the only difference is that humans have a really evolved thinking.

The only thing that distinguishes humans from any other animal is their bipedalism. It is a theory that because humans went bipedal that they turned their evolutionary focus on the brain.

A lot of things some people consider "human-specific" actually are not human-specific. Here are some small examples:

- the ability to use tools/surroundings. Clearly not, we know certain monkey species use tools. We also know some birds make use of tools or surroundings. Crows for instance, are one of the most intelligent type of bird. I personally witnessed a crow using a bowl of rain water to soak a piece of hardened bread just so it could eat it easier.

- the ability to form empathic links. We already know elephants do that. I don't know much else, but I'm pretty sure we might not even comprehend some forms of empathy that may exist between certain animals.
A common misconception that takes this point to the other extreme is that dogs can form empathic links with their masters. That's pretty false, because dogs only agree to be subjected to their masters command for the promise of food, water and shelter, sometimes fun (particularly in younger animals).

- the ability to make decisions. Borderline decisions are hard to come by in the animal world, so it's really hard to study this aspect. Even if you have specimens of the same type that react differently to a situation, how can you be sure their decision was based on any kind of thought?
Applicable to humans, as well. Let's examine a simple case of "should I do this or not". Give someone an abstract choice between two possible paths. They may do any of the following, predispositions depending on other factors that make up their character: randomly pick one path, pick the path he or she believes brings the best advantages, or pick the path that brings more disadvantages, just so they can show that they can do that.
The first two paths are paths any animal might take. The third path may appear to be special, but that's not the case. The subject may have taken the third path to show off, or whatever reason. For them, that whatever reason will now constitute an advantage which may make the third path more advantageous to them than the other, thus creating a paradox, since they now actually fall within the second path
Which begs the general question: Just how many of our decisions/choices/etc. are any more than factor-driven?

To be honest, I think that the problems humanity creates stem mostly from their numbers. If the world had 1 10th of its population, than a lot of today's issues would have been much smaller, our impact on the planet much smaller, etc.

That's why I hope than when and if mankind finally colonizes other planets, they manage their numbers.

Offline Sirbomber

Human Slave
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 10:47:57 AM »
I think off-world colonies will be a way to manage Earth's population.

After all, who cares what we do to the Moon, or Mars, or whatever?
The protesters dispersed after our leader reminded them that our planet had no appreciable atmosphere to pollute.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Human Slave
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 11:30:26 AM »
not that it matters, but:

1) plants
2) animals
3) fungi
4) protista
5) monera
CK9 in outpost

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Human Slave
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »

any way

if there was some thing you want would you take the easy path or the path with more satifaction but it might take your whole life.  it is the nature of humans to pick that lazy path over the harder one or just a way of life we all become acostum to.

Because if they didn't you would chainsaw them?
Or otherwise get killed. Seems to me that our species is horrible at actually adapting to the environment. Our advantage is the ability to adapt the environment to us. It was either that or die, and we're not dead (yet), so...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 01:52:15 PM by Arklon »

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Human Slave
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 01:57:18 PM »
To think as a group.
To think as a single being.
To adjust to surroundings.
To learn/evolve faster over time.
To reason.
The ability to make use of fire.
And much more.

to think as a group true but that also brings about mindlessness into people cant think for themself because of the group mentality brings about things like hating another person or group for a single or various reason.

TO ADJUST TO SURROUNDINGS.  I have to disagree with that 100%  we dont live in caves or make use of natural formations for living we build and destroy the environment to adjust it to ourselves.  more proof of this is heaters ACs instead of the use of coats or just sitting in the shade. destroy the enviroment to suit us.

to learn i can agree with this unstopping curiousity. to evolve tho i dont know.  Its seems more like we want to force things to much and evolving is going to be more like adding mechanical parts to our body to improve ourselves in some way rather then the use to fix a defect with say a heart ie pace makers patches but not complete overhauls pretty much like the guy with the 100% fake heart.

to reason hehe some not every one is reasonable

to make use of fire hehehe.  ya ill say we got that down so much that it will destroy this world. over course we have gone beyond that with spliting the atom.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Human Slave
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 12:55:58 AM »
would the world be better off without humans from the start?
Perhaps similar to the "If a tree falls in the forest..." question: Would life on Earth have any meaning if there were no Humans?

and yes, the planet would be better off without humans from the start. It would remain in its natural balance rather than being pulled towards extremes
Would it be a "natural" balance if we suddenly ceased to exist? Assuming we evolved on this planet, doesn't that make us a part of the natural balance?

I like Hidiot's thinking here. A number of animals are known to use "tools". Plus, lots of animals adapt their environments to ensure their own survival. What is a bird's nest after all? Or how about a beaver damn? I hear beavers have caused quite a lot of havock in south america after some were imported. Apparently they do the most change to their natural environment after people.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Human Slave
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 09:18:37 AM »
Hooman, before man started learning how to manipulate the world around us, we were a part of the balance.  However, there are very few humans who still live within this balance.  The rest of us force things in our favor.
CK9 in outpost

Offline Sirbomber

Human Slave
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 09:39:27 AM »
And why shouldn't we?  What is so great about a "natural balance"?

Offline Hidiot

Human Slave
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »
The answer is Plymouth.

What's great about it is that it's a balance, something that isn't spiraling downward. Spiraling downward is what many people think is happening to Earth because of human presence (and they are, to some extent, correct).

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Human Slave
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 01:36:57 PM »
Just be observing a experiment you already changed the out come of the experiment if no one was there to watch it happen.

there is no telling what would happen to earth if we werent here to begin with.  chances are another higher life form would have evolved in the lacking presence of some thing able to push every thing down. we pretty much know what would happen after people. Watch life after people very interesting.  how ever our influence will remain for eons.

And there is a natural balance and humans do push it to extreems one way or the other. usually in a bad way.  there is a natural warm cooling cycle to the planet but with the presence of humans and there need to be faster better stronger (dances) have quicked this cycle.

And we will cease to exsist one day and im sure it will be our fault and not a giant space rock. and because of that earth will never be the same.

but there is no hard ways for humans every thing is in a downward spiral for us. I have heard many thing reguardng us in this fashion to such as we will all become short and gray skinned what ever. but things got easy it explains why there are problems with people 2 ton humans and people that need to kill because of the way they are so easily pushed aside. High standards with low morals.  Very interesting where we are all going.