Author Topic: More On Outpost: Second Chance  (Read 7014 times)

Offline Sirbomber

More On Outpost: Second Chance
« on: September 11, 2009, 02:12:03 PM »
Hey everyone!  I'm coding Eden #5 right now, and we've decided on the project's third and (hopefully) finally name.  Progress is surprisingly good, though once I start coding the AI things will probably screech to a halt.  Now, for the bad news: I'll have to rely on two other people to finish this one.  I need to ask Hooman some questions, and I need to get CK9 to do celltypes for the various maps he made for me.

Also, can somebody set up a new sub-forum for me?  I'm tired of skulking about in the "Other Projects" forum...

Oh, almost forgot!  Still looking for help writing the various novellas, one or two more mappers, some people to lend me a hand with mission coding (they'll only need to do basic stuff for me), and a group of people to help balance the game.  Getting someone to do some nice-looking briefing art would also be nice, but if that doesn't work out I'll just take screenshots and modify them a bit.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline instigator

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 10:39:12 PM »
... some people to lend me a hand with mission coding (they'll only need to do basic stuff for me)...
Is that something I could help with? I've only looked at those files once for about 5min and then ran for my life.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:39:35 PM by instigator »

Offline Kayedon

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 10:41:39 PM »
I'm trying to fit Novella's in.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline instigator

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 01:38:08 AM »
Sounds like fun :)

just snag me sirbomber... ive been trying to be around more lately

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 07:58:35 AM »
Excellent.  I'll PM you a list of things you can do for me Instigator, as soon as I get the chance.

Kayedon, have you actually written anything yet?  :P (It's okay if you haven't.)
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Kayedon

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 03:05:34 PM »
I'll be honest, I've only really messed around with some of the teasers. I tend to forget about things really easily. Rest assured it'll be done some day.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 08:27:20 PM »
I'd rather you focus more on the heavy writing (novellas) and let someone else take care of the lighter stuff (techtree text, briefings, etc.).

Update: Eden #5 is nearing completion.  All that's left to do is:
-Fix some random AI bugs.
-Make the AI rebuild its mine if it gets destroyed.  The easy method I tried resulted in crashiness, so now I have to do something hard and complicated.
-Make the AI do research.  This shouldn't be that hard, unless the way I plan on doing it doesn't work.
-Make the AI grow over time.  This is going to be a pain because I basically need 4147 triggers.
-Implement the AI personalities.  You'd be surprised how easy this should be.
-Fiddle with the AI's various fight groups to make sure offense/defense is good.
-Finish up player base/objectives for the various difficulty modes.
-Get CK9 to fix the celltypes (they're all set to F2).
-Other stuff?  I get the nagging feeling I forgot something I need to fix, but I forget what...

If I work non-stop on it, it could be done by tomorrow or the day after.  But we all know that's never gonna happen!  Maybe a week or two.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:35:09 AM by Sirbomber »