Poll

Do you like these ideas and do you think it can be done?

(a)Dont like any of them.. it ruins the game..(no)
0 (0%)
(b)makes the game more interesting and different..(yes)
3 (60%)
(c)Meh, dont really care..(nuetural)
0 (0%)
(d)Seems too complicated..(no)
0 (0%)
(e)Rather not say..(nuetural)
0 (0%)
(f)kind of like it..(maybe)
0 (0%)
(g)both A and D
0 (0%)
(h)both B and F
0 (0%)
(i)love it!
1 (20%)
(j) parts of it..(maybe)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Summing Up Ideas...  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Summing Up Ideas...
« on: July 31, 2009, 06:57:46 PM »
READ THIS FIRST!!!!

Me and perhaps angellus both like the idea of 'combined tech' from the eden and plymouth tech trees for the human player.
In a game that Angellus is making...id like to make a poll on if people think my ideas are good...the ideas are listed below:
---
(1)Id like observitory and meteor and consumer and arachnids to have to be scanned with scout by the human player in order to get them or even conduct research for them. It would not be required as objective, it's just extras.

(2)id like to disable 1 weapon from each ply and eden techs for the player...so i have 2 less weapons total...esg and acid cloud..

(3)perhaps we can make it so thast plymouth and eden ai both battle eachother on a deserted plain. Egsample: every few ticks they send 25% of their units out to kill eachother, and beforhand, they buld up their forces.....note that this will be when they have nearly completed bases.

(4)then a certain trigger might make them attack the human player, such as a certain number of battle units that the human player has might cause the trigger to happen. kinda like an agressive ai, eh?

(5)(update)hey uhh im thinking perhaps that plymouth ai can send 2 convecs down somwhere at the southern hemisphere and create a small outpost (like in eden starship1) and they would carry cc and sf. And if there is an eden ai as well as plymouth...they could both do it.
---
if theres any other ideas for this colony game in progress... please post them.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 06:50:23 PM by Lord Of Pain »
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Hidiot

Summing Up Ideas...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 04:35:42 AM »
About 2:
As much as you and angellus like the Thor's Hammer, it does not win battles, in fact it loses them horribly.
Acid Cloud and ESG are an essential part of one's arsenal.

Of course, since it's your peoples map, you could argue about designer specifics.  In my opinion, though, disabling those two weapons could just be unpopular.

Oh, and as many people liked the idea of combined techs, it's a no-no. Eden has MDs and Observatory because they cared about the meteors bombing them from space, while Plymouth was so desperate they made the EMP missile. Eden made Consumer Goods factory because their morale is so much harder to keep up than Plymouth's

The idea of having to use a Scout to gain techs has merit... but they could be stolen techs. Since the AI I think will be unbeatable for most part of the game, it could work.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Moley

Summing Up Ideas...
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 11:22:14 AM »
if you could find a way to count the number of units destroied by the human, you could use that to determine strength, and/or if the human brings a unit into the limits of the CP's base.

also you should let the players "hurt" themselves with the ESG and/or acid cloud...

note: if you don't code it right NonCom units will still go, a meat sheild?
I HATE SPELLING!!!!!!
if i spell something or screw up grammer,
ignore it or tell me if you dont understand what i typed.

Offline Hidiot

Summing Up Ideas...
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 11:38:41 AM »
If you use GetPlayerStrength, non combat/structures units count as 0 towards the total.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Moley

Summing Up Ideas...
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 12:19:12 PM »
, better idea, count how much combat units are outside of a set area for the players base. unstead of or including how many combat units the player has...
I HATE SPELLING!!!!!!
if i spell something or screw up grammer,
ignore it or tell me if you dont understand what i typed.