Author Topic: Bomber's Big Blast  (Read 6702 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Bomber's Big Blast
« on: February 23, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... Allow me to introduce to you the ultimate Outpost 2 game of chance... Bomber's Big Blast!

The objective of the game is simple: have the last Command Center standing.  Simple, right?  Well, not so much.  You see, there are five vehicles.  One of them, when destroyed, will detonate a bomb, resulting in your Command Center being destroyed!

Now, since it wouldn't be much of a game if you didn't do anything, you must destroy one of the vehicles each turn.  After that, your turn will end and it will be the next poor fool's job to hope he doesn't pick the detonator.  If nobody triggers the bomb, all vehicles are respawned and the turn begins again.

Of course, if the detonator is destroyed, well...

Each time the bomb has been triggered, the number of available vehicles decreases by one, and your odds of surviving fall with it!

Now, while this is currently completely playable, there are still a few features I'd like to add, so stay tuned everyone!
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline WooJoo

Bomber's Big Blast
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 07:08:37 PM »
sounds like russian rullet for me xD

Offline fighter

Bomber's Big Blast
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 08:03:06 PM »
Sounds fun.

It's all fun and games until somebody finds the bomb.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 12:46:22 PM by fighter »
There are people who want to be treated as idiots. I've dedicated all my life to fulfill their wish.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Bomber's Big Blast
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 12:42:02 AM »
Yeah, I was also thinking this sounded like Russian roulette.

So what's stopping you from running off with those vehicles, and driving around the map aimlessly?

Offline Sirbomber

Bomber's Big Blast
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 06:31:55 AM »
They're AI controlled, as evidenced by the vehicles being a different color from the player-controlled Guard Post.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:32:24 AM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Hidiot

Bomber's Big Blast
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 06:47:40 AM »
What if you idle the GP then?
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Sirbomber

Bomber's Big Blast
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 07:13:27 AM »
Then you're not a team player.

I was concerned that someone might just not do anything, but why are they playing then?

Though I suppose I could add some sort of timer to randomly kill one of the vecs if you take too long.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 07:13:43 AM by Sirbomber »

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Bomber's Big Blast
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 01:39:59 AM »
Assuming the name has to do with your own wouldnt that be bomber's not Bomber's.  Or did you put that aside for grammical correctness?

Offline Sirbomber

Bomber's Big Blast
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 06:22:20 AM »
It's okay to capitalize the "B" if you don't include the "Sir" part (as some people do because they're too lazy to type my full name.  I did it in this case for alliteration purposes).

Offline Sirbomber

Bomber's Big Blast
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 07:30:35 AM »
It's done!  Extra-special thanks to Hooman for, uh, being so Hooman-like.

The RAR (which you can get here) contains the DLL, the techtree, and a text file that tells you a little bit about the game.  You might want to read it, but if not here's how it works:

The first player is randomly chosen; after that all players proceed in order.
When it's your turn, just pick one of the vehicles and shoot it with your Guard Post.
There's no way of knowing who will live and who will die, so have fun!

EDIT (leeor_net): Fixing broken link.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 10:36:37 PM by leeor_net »

Offline Leviathan

Bomber's Big Blast
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 06:22:01 PM »
Nice work :)

Offline Sirbomber

Bomber's Big Blast
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 10:02:43 AM »
There's a new version with a few bugs fixed and some features added.

If you haven't played it yet, go get it!