Author Topic: Multitek2 Revisited  (Read 11701 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Revisited
« on: January 22, 2009, 09:04:33 AM »
There will be stuff for you to play with soon.
But not now...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:03:21 PM »
Update:
Seeing as how CodeBlocks apparently causes saved games to crash once they're reloaded, I'm trying to switch to another IDE.  I'm having some trouble with it, though...

Yeah, I know progress is slow, but...
It's not like there's anyone left to play it.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 01:21:37 AM »
It's not like there's anyone left to play it.
Again...
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 12:34:36 PM »
Hey there, boys and girls!  I've been acting really depressed lately but it's all just been a show!  I've got something special for you all tonight!

Anyways, I've still got a lot of work to do, so this is REALLY incomplete.  It's like an alpha version, except whatever comes before that.  Regardless, I hope you all enjoy it!

Download the Outpost: Edge of Extinction (formerly known as "Multitek2") demo/alpha/thingy here!

Now, what is this?
Why, a new campaign, of course!  I've got four levels for you to play, so go play them and get back to me when you're done!

Notes:
- You're gonna want to use OP2 1.3.4 with this.
- Only Eden can be selected on the "New Campaign" menu.
- There is no novella... yet!
- Only Mission 1 uses a (poorly made) new map.
- Easy is pathetically easy to beat.
- Mission 4 is incomplete because the AI wasn't doing the vehicles right so I had to remove them for now.  But hey, it just gives you more to look forward to in a future release!
- Please read the briefings and objectives BEFORE you start the mission.  CERTAIN testers (cough Eddy-B cough) didn't and therefore missed some important hints...

I think that's everything for now.  If you find any problems, let me know!  I look forward to hearing what you all think!

Oh, yeah.  Don't save mid-game.  Sorry, but CodeBlocks sucks.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:10:18 PM by Sirbomber »

Offline fallenleader

• http://www.fallenangelsclan.com
Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 07:49:21 PM »
my tutorial for custom nds cases and microsd cases http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10735 full of work right now, tauniverse.com im a major part of the TA:IW mod, making custom menu for caesar 3 including crack and mods to make easy to install them. starwars KOTOR, installing mods on xbox. beta testing them

will try this as soon as i clear up a bit.

then there is always the family time and work around the apartment, including a fence that just fell down, damn wind.

bookmarking this now.

finishing a custom menu type thing for outpost and outpost 2. problem being outpost 2 isn't able to run off disk because of its stupid video related program. outpost 1 could. an abstract goal of mine thanks to a friend who said, try it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:50:24 PM by fallenleader »

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 08:34:43 PM »
Uhh... What does any of that have to do with the rest of this thread...?

Edit: Okay, MT2/EoE is now on-hold until I figure out a way to make a version of Bowser's Big Blast (the first minigame in the video) in OP2.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 08:45:47 PM by Sirbomber »

Offline fallenleader

• http://www.fallenangelsclan.com
Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 08:50:13 PM »
you said bored out of my mind, i said this is in the queue.

:)

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 09:50:37 AM »
Uh... I see...
Well then, for everyone else (bored or not) go download it and play it.  It will be fun!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:51:11 AM by Sirbomber »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 04:55:37 PM »
That was awesome, I think the breakup of the research was a bit better than the origonal.  I hope you can get it done bomber *hug*
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 06:15:07 PM »
Slight update: In order to balance the RPG and the Rail Gun, I have reduced the RPG's range to 5, which is the same as the Rail Gun's; however, to compensate for the greater power of the Rail Gun, the RPG deals a slight amount of splash damage.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:08:05 AM by Sirbomber »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 06:44:11 PM »
makes sense, shrapnal can have enough speed/heat to do some damage, not to mention the RPG ownage for not needing a clear l.o.s.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 09:30:03 AM »
Everyone, I have some bad news.

Many of you will be heartbroken to hear that I have decided I can no longer continue this project as long as "Vortexology" is the name of a tech.  Therefore, I have made the painful decision to rename it "Dangerous Atmospheric Phenomena" and rewritten the teaser and description as well.

I know this may come as a shock to many of you, but unfortunately I had no other options.

Oh, and I'm working on Eden 5, but I decided it would be a good idea to try making my own map instead of letting the expert (CK9) do it for me...

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 02:48:27 PM »
*snap*

How COULD you!?

Better name it Disastrous, rather than Dangerous at least.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 06:27:16 PM »
Better name it Disastrous, rather than Dangerous at least.
No, because then I'd have to make a pun about how the vortex was a "disastrously disastrous disaster" in the description and people would riot.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 02:07:26 AM »
It's only disasterous if it hits. Until then, it's merely dangerous.

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 06:25:41 AM »
Anyways, as you may know I've started calling MT2 "Outpost: Edge of Extinction" but personally I think it's a pretty crappy name, so if anyone has any better ideas, please share, but keep in mind that the following names will not even be considered:

- Divided Destiny (taken)
- Renegades (taken)
- Titles of various OP3's and other miscellaneous projects (don't want to associate failed projects with MT2)
- Anything related 2 TEH MES HAL or UR DETH (Yes, that's directed at you Arklon)

Anyways, I haven't actually started coding Eden 5 yet because I'm trying to think of a way to make the hostile AI a little smart and semi-random.  I'll need to write out a lot of notes before I actually write any code...

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 12:56:21 PM »
- Anything related 2 TEH MES HAL or UR DETH (Yes, that's directed at you Arklon)
Outpost 2: Thriller.

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 02:49:14 PM »
- Please read the briefings and objectives BEFORE you start the mission.  CERTAIN testers (cough Eddy-B cough) didn't and therefore missed some important hints...

/me b*tch-slaps Sirbomber  :P
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 09:52:38 PM »
Outpost 2: Thriller.
You're not that far off Arklon.

Offline Nova86

Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 05:05:54 PM »
I've been a visitor for some time now, but I had to register so I could post my compliments to you on an excellent research tree.  I was very impressed and felt it was superior in many ways to the standard one.  I was curious, however, how much is involved in this research set up?  What I mean is, was there a lot of extra programming done to correct the buildings, vehicles, etc., or is it just a rewrite of the tech tree?  Mainly, I'm just curious what would be involved in bringing it into a colony game.  Again though, excellent work so far on the campaign.

Scratch that, I was trying to play Eden Population and the game kept crashing.  Eden Starship works just fine with the new techs.  
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 05:55:15 PM by Nova86 »
Extinction is always an option...it's just not a very pleasant one.

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Revisited
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 08:42:51 PM »
It's not backwards compatible for several reasons:
-Most maps start you off with a Standard Lab, and you need to do some research in the Basic Lab first.
-Some maps give you certain techs which do not exist in the new techtree, causing a crash.
-Some maps have research objectives that require you to research a non-existent tech, causing a crash.
-I've changed the relative power of vehicles and weapons, so maps that start you with Laser/Microwave Lynx are making you overpowered.
-Probably more reasons, but I can't think of any for now.

Anyways, if you're looking for stuff to do with it there's a sandbox colony game (no objective, just build to your heart's content) and a 4 mission-campaign demo (which you probably saw).  I have a bunch of multiplayer missions ready but OP2 insists there are checksum errors when there aren't for some strange reason.

Edit: Oh yeah, can I have my own sub-forum for this project?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:09:58 AM by Sirbomber »