Author Topic: More Ideas  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Spikerocks101

More Ideas
« on: November 23, 2008, 07:29:10 PM »
To start, no Sirbomber, it is NOT a Death Ray :P I really don't think these ideas will go anywhere, but i just think they make sence if you couuld, or they would be cool to have, and cool as in i like it not as in EVERYBODY needs to use it 24/7 >_>

Tiger Tank Dig In: Basically, any Tiger Tank can spin its tracks  backwards really fast to dig into the ground becoming a "turret". The "turret" would not be premenent but instead would just increase defence of the Tiger Tank. Make it like a Offence Post. Possibly even get it to lower attack range so it doesn't act as you invade the enemies base then deploy, but you go by the enemies base and deploy to do a Cold War type thing, they walk out and there toast. French Toast. Cause they serender. Never Mind.

A Ledgit Trading Thing to Allies: As i said, a good way to share tanks, resourses, and possibly tech/building and population. I think that you should be able to get cargo truck to do continous shipment of resourses to allied bases, so theres more use for the trading post. Maybe you can also send a passenger truck to drop off population to allies. I think you should have to pay a small amount of ore to trade things, to make the boxes for shipping :P

Handycap Meter: A handycap meter when playing multiplayer, and more then just amount of resourses. To help production, research, and even a bounce unit or something... but yeah, thoes are me ideas.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
More Ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 11:47:34 PM »
Tiger Tank Dig In: Basically, any Tiger Tank can spin its tracks  backwards really fast to dig into the ground becoming a "turret". The "turret" would not be premenent but instead would just increase defence of the Tiger Tank. Make it like a Offence Post. Possibly even get it to lower attack range so it doesn't act as you invade the enemies base then deploy, but you go by the enemies base and deploy to do a Cold War type thing, they walk out and there toast. French Toast. Cause they serender. Never Mind.

A Ledgit Trading Thing to Allies: As i said, a good way to share tanks, resourses, and possibly tech/building and population. I think that you should be able to get cargo truck to do continous shipment of resourses to allied bases, so theres more use for the trading post. Maybe you can also send a passenger truck to drop off population to allies. I think you should have to pay a small amount of ore to trade things, to make the boxes for shipping :P

Handycap Meter: A handycap meter when playing multiplayer, and more then just amount of resourses. To help production, research, and even a bounce unit or something... but yeah, thoes are me ideas.
The fortification of Tigers aren't so bad. Would probably be hard to implement though.

Trading - Already you can do this. Population cannot be traded, and as I understand it would take a rewrite of the game to make it happen.

handycap meter - Well.. just play more op2 and you won't need it ;)
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
More Ideas
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 10:42:01 AM »
Tigers: this would required adding something to the tiger's treads that would most likely be damaged by regular use.  One of the things I've always liked about OP2 was it's use of real-world physics and technology (Tesla coil anyone?).

Trading: As highlander said, you can already do most of it, you just need to devote some attention to it.  Even if you made it automatic, you still would, as a lot of factors come into play (vehicles choosing bad routes, too much getting transferred, etc.)

handycap meter: ...you serious?  I'm probably one of the worst players here, but I can still hold my own (I love nova tactics, heh)
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names