Author Topic: Brief Mt2 Update  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Brief Mt2 Update
« on: November 11, 2008, 08:14:15 AM »
Hey everyone.
I haven't had time to do any coding lately, and I wasted this weekend playing Doom 3 with Betaray (and occasionally Arklon).  Oh well, that's the way it goes.  :P

Anyways, stuff will be done... Eventually.
Actually, I do have 3 levels "ready" for testing but they need maps.  Right now they use old maps.  Additionally, a fourth mission is in development.
When I'm ready to release you'll all be the first to know.

Look forward to it!
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Brief Mt2 Update
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 11:31:40 AM »
We will, Sirbomber!

I've had the privilege to (beta)test the 4 missions, and they look promising :)
Although the missions themselves are quite simple, the new techtree certainly makes them worth to play.
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Sirbomber

Brief Mt2 Update
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 06:37:15 AM »
Oh, crap.  I just remembered I still have to fix that bug that causes Robo-Miners to mysteriously require rare ore to build...

I can't remember if anybody ever found the tech(s) that can cause it, though...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Brief Mt2 Update
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 09:55:30 AM »
...how the hell did you do that?  Then never require rare in the orignal game...
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Sirbomber

Brief Mt2 Update
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 02:08:37 PM »
It's a bug.  I don't know why it happens, and nothing I've done intentionally sets it.

Offline Sonnebahn

Brief Mt2 Update
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 02:57:41 PM »
Well, I told you where I found it happened.  I can test it again, but I suspect the same result.  

There is a workaround I thought of, if you are up to a suggestion.  Simply spam the tech tree with a setting to change the rare ore to 0 on miners with every technology.  Then the rare ore requirement will only be there until the next tech is researched.