Author Topic: Multitek2 Released!  (Read 8702 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Released!
« on: September 12, 2008, 11:32:36 AM »
Okay, so, making new maps will take too long.  I knew that going in.
So this means you're all going to have to deal with the Hooville-based test level I made awhile back.  It kinda sucks, but oh well.

Enjoy, and get to work on testing for bugs!

Instructions:
1) Download OP2 here.  Most of you should be able to skip this step.  If not, we don't love you.
2) Download the Multitek2 RAR here.  Included is my Outpost2.exe with the Unit Limit Patch applied.
3) Extract to your OP2 folder.
4) Run the proper shortcut.  Two shortcuts are included: one for people whose OP2 folder is C:\Sierra\Outpost 2 Divided Destiny and another for people whose OP2 folder is C:\Program Files\Outpost 2 Divided Destiny.  Pick the one that will work for you.
5) Test the crap out of it as often as possible and with as many people as possible.
6) Please, please, PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT use any maps other than the MT2 test level!  Also, do not try to play MT2 with people using original OP2!!!

I will be on IRC later tonight.  People had better be playing it when I show up!

Edit: Oh, by the way!  The Multitek2 IRC channel is #OP2Tech!  Go there for questions, comments, suggestions, and general discussion!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:37:04 AM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Released!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 12:08:51 PM »
I'd prefer just the multitek2.txt...

P.S. The unit limit patch is not the most recent patch. The most recent patch includes the network game speed fix, that made games run slower then they could've without much inconvenience. It can be found by looking a big in the coding section for a topic on network game speed.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:09:41 PM by Hidiot »
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Released!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 01:11:39 PM »
I'd prefer just the multitek2.txt...

P.S. The unit limit patch is not the most recent patch. The most recent patch includes the network game speed fix, that made games run slower then they could've without much inconvenience. It can be found by looking a big in the coding section for a topic on network game speed.
Why? I made it so people could play it, not so they could look at it.
Frankly, after working on it so much, I don't want to look at it anymore.

And according to Hooman, the "speed patch" will actually make the game choppier, so I'll pass.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Released!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 01:34:09 PM »
Well, when the connection isn't as strong as it should be you wil lwither be playing at a speed of 4 or 5 (without the patch) or at the speed of 7 or 8 with a disconnect box appearing once in a while. I feel that the disconnect box that just stays there for a few milliseconds is better than a constant crawl.

EDIT:

Uh, the .rar is somewhat missing a multitek2.txt... I couldn't initialize the colony game for mt2 testing.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:49:29 PM by Hidiot »
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline vennom

Multitek2 Released!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 02:49:13 PM »
well i think i cant test too... i extracted, run but i think nothing changed at all o.o"... maybe im doing something wrong dunno...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 02:49:41 PM by vennom »

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Released!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 03:59:51 PM »
Multitek2 is in there.  Probably a problem with the DLL.  I'll fix it.

Edit: Works fine for me.  You aren't renaming anything, are you?  The Multitek2 file should be named multitek2.txt, so don't change it or anything.

Other important notes: All text (.txt) file should go in the modMT2 sub-folder.  All other files should go in the main OP2 folder.

Again, ONLY use the test DLL that comes with the mod! It will show up as "4P, LoS, 'Multitek2 Beta Test'" and, obviously, is a 4P LoS.  For those of you trying to run it through the debug menu, that's ml4mtk2.dll.

Well, I mean, I GUESS you could try running old missions with the new techtree...  But I'm not responsible for any funkiness that occurs.

Edit 2: Apparently Hidiot was referring to the yucky old single-player test level, which was made with Eddy-B's Scripter and therefore required AI.DLL to be in your OP2 folder, which was probably the problem Hidiot was having... I'm making two new identical ones where you play as Eden and Plymouth, respectively.  Stay tuned while I work the bugs out and add ore...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 10:37:56 PM by Sirbomber »

Offline vennom

Multitek2 Released!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 11:55:57 PM »
wel dunno what to say... here it dont work xD i re-instaled it many time but nothing...

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Released!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 07:45:03 AM »
Again, could you be a little more specific than "it doesn't work"?  I can't help you until you tell me more about the problem.

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
Multitek2 Released!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 08:42:28 AM »
Tell us the exact steps you took and what condition your op2 folder was in before installation (modded exes, etc.).

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Released!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 02:04:27 PM »
Okay, the Colony Games are done.  You can get them here.

The RAR contains two nearly identical DLLs.  The primary difference between the two is that in one you're Eden and in the other you're Plymouth.

These two missions are just sandboxes.  In other words, there are no objectives.  The reason I made these two Colony Games were so people could learn the new techtree and relax.  The relaxation is important, too.  We don't want people to be too stressed out when they're learning a new game, right?  Well, what's the difference between a new game and a new techtree?  Oh well, I digress.  Enjoy!

Also, when you stop playing, a text file is produced that tells you how you did.  You can post it and show us how you did, but don't cheat and edit the results!

Offline vennom

Multitek2 Released!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 08:17:53 PM »
took me more than 1 hour to finish all researches xD but seems to be allright

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Released!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 04:00:09 PM »
Hey, look!  Progress has been started on all four phases!
Proof that stuff IS getting done!
As if those two colony games weren't proof enough.

Anyways, any new bugs found?  Though I don't expect any of them to pop up unless you're playing a Multiplayer game.

Edit: The techtree is now up on the new SVN!  If you see any typos, or feel you can write a better teaser/description for any techs, feel free to revise it yourself!  Just let me know, please!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:14:04 PM by Sirbomber »

Offline Moley

Multitek2 Released!
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 07:53:23 PM »
dosnt work,
i hve the newest version of op2, the MT2.txt (not named that just shorter to type),
and the colony games,
am i missing anything crucial?
I HATE SPELLING!!!!!!
if i spell something or screw up grammer,
ignore it or tell me if you dont understand what i typed.

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Released!
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 12:13:42 PM »
There's something wrong with 1.3.5; you'll have to use it with 1.3.4 for the time being.

Other than that, make sure it's in its own sub-folder and you use the appropriate shortcut when you want to run it.