Author Topic: Renegades Development Continues...  (Read 17350 times)

Offline evecolonycamander

Renegades Development Continues...
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2010, 12:12:22 PM »
Hey eddy in order to bring Eve closer to the OPU standards set here i am asking if it is okey to use your colony as my rivel colony it will help you with the story line and will give you a chance to split a way from Plymouth  
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:14:22 PM by evecolonycamander »
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
Renegades Development Continues...
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2010, 01:19:08 PM »
use existing buildings and just overwrite their images. I'm not talking about adding unit types, just modifying existing ones.

I can change any building i like, the savant overlay just shows "enemy building" without its real name/function anywayz. So if i take a lightpost for example i can change it into a into a perimeter watchtower or whatever other graphic i want to use. To the player it would seem like there is a new building type -one that he'd never seen before- but for the AI: i just issue a lightpost building command. It's the changes in the techtree that make the difference after that.

It's that simple!
For doing that, the tech i mean, you could just rename the tech to unlock the particular biuldings and vehichles.  I think that would work but i have limited coding knowledge, seeing as I am still on the second C++ tutorial.  But i think it would work, at least in game.