Author Topic: Multitek2 Status Update  (Read 4029 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Status Update
« on: July 20, 2008, 12:57:25 PM »
Hello, everyone. Phase 1 of this project is nearly complete, so I decided I would give a little status report about what I still have to do.

Here's a list of what I must still add to the game:
Structures: None!
Space: None!
Vehicles: None!
Weapons: None!
Miscellaneous: None!

List last updated: 9/06/2008.

Though I'd be letting you all down if that was all I did to call this project "finished". I'm going to add a lot of techs to upgrade all sorts of stuff and make MT2 as fun as possible.

Of course, even after I finish that, that's only Phase 1 of four.  The success of Phase 2 depends on everyone at OPU, because I'll need you all to test this and report bugs and balance issues.  Meanwhile, I and a few others will be hard at work on Phase 3, creating new multiplayer maps and all-new game types for you to enjoy!

As for Phase 4... Well, that will be any extra stuff I decide to throw in for the final release.

Check back in a few days! Also, look at my signature to keep track of my progress.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 04:35:43 PM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Status Update
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 07:22:21 PM »
As you may have noticed, things are wrapping up with Phase 1.
Next comes Phase 2, the balancing and bug-fixing phase. I will need as many people as possible to play Multitek2 as often as possible under many different conditions starting as soon as possible.  Can I count on all of you to help me with this important part of the project?

I would expect to see a release by the end of this week! Start getting excited!
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Leviathan

Multitek2 Status Update
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 08:17:30 PM »
Nice work indeed Sirbomber. Thanks :)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Multitek2 Status Update
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 03:45:54 AM »
I'll try to help out.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Derekristow

Multitek2 Status Update
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 03:38:51 PM »
I would have plenty of time to help test.

You should probably set up a bug report format and thread a day or so before the beta, something like:

Bug type (crash, glitch, other)
Bug location (map+coordinates if possible)
Effect (30,000 dancing hampsters trample your colony)
Events soon before bug (Ambush, Win, Loss)
Units/Structures in area (Including enemies)
If crash: Crash report details + above

If OP2 has some kind of crash recorder that would be nice too.

Looking forward to the beta.

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Status Update
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 04:28:14 PM »
I doubt it will crash... I'm mostly interested in typos, techs not doing what the teasers say they should, and balance issues.  The only foreseeable way OP2 could crash or have initialization errors is if you use a map designed for the original techtree (La Corrida or Pie Chart, for example) with Multitek2.

Edit: The best way to help will be to tell me about problems on IRC. If you've been living under a rock or something, you can download IRC here.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:31:54 PM by Sirbomber »

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Status Update
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 03:43:16 AM »
Yes, usually when someone makes a map, he'll test it himself to check for bugs and those that crash the game are obvious :P

One can always slip though though.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Status Update
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 04:37:12 PM »
If you'll all kindly look at the first post, you'll notice that everything is now buildable! All that's left to be done is the addition of various upgrades to the final few things I've added over the past few days.

It'll be here soon, people! Tonight or tomorrow! Get ready!

Edit: I forgot to make missions to test it on...
Also, I'm lucky if I can get a reliable power source, let alone internet, where I am right now, so...
But rest assured that Phase 1 is complete!
Edit 2: Some bugs have been fixed. I'll try to get at least one test map up as soon as possible. Assuming the forums will let me upload anything, that is...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:41:21 AM by Sirbomber »