Author Topic: Maesis Starship Designs  (Read 5725 times)

Offline Combine Crusier

Maesis Starship Designs
« on: November 14, 2007, 01:48:05 PM »
Hey... Why not it's just going to be another object. I've sketched a very general 2d design here.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 01:59:35 PM by Combine Crusier »
Fire at will!

Offline Sirbomber

Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 03:40:05 PM »
They used the same design for both starships, one would think...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 11:59:00 PM »
I would think they would copy the the same designs of the Conestoga and the Phoenix Voyager.  As its a practical design built to do one thing plus its design has some scientific thought behind it.

Offline Sirbomber

Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 03:40:21 PM »
Well, they wouldn't use the Phoenix Voyager's design as it didn't exist yet (was built on New Terra and used more advanced technology than Earth had).
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 05:43:07 PM »
Its is only to show that they would use the same design as there original craft.

Offline Sirbomber

Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 10:58:11 AM »
Not. The blight destroyes everything that's biologic in a vehicle, which is basically what controls the vehicle. The blight itself is no mastermind, being just a microbe. Totally implausible.
We're talking about the second starship to go from Earth to New Terra, not Blight-controlled vehicles.

Offline Hidiot

Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 11:45:12 AM »
That was a response to one of Marakusu's posts, that seem to have disappeared. I have deleted my own posts now, as they were out of place.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Sirbomber

Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 11:46:33 AM »
The first one seemed relevant? Meh, too late now...

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 12:46:18 AM »
I don't believe I have anything to open SPP files. (Though it won't download anyway, either the file or the forums are broken)

And if they were building two starships simultaneously, it's quite possible they would use different designs (look at competing products, as an example types of TVs. They don't have identical circuits inside).

Offline Hidiot

Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 01:51:29 AM »
When you're rushing to get a spaceship big enough to ensure the survival of humans through a few people you will use different concepts, but if you have parts the other guys made the same, you will not say: "No, they did it the same, scrap it and redesign it!".
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 08:38:34 PM »
Lol if we are talking about the two earth ships then they would look the same as instead of designing a new ship or making a different looking ship they would have used the chaos of the whole event to steal the blue prints on the good 1st ship.

Offline Derekristow

Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 04:27:21 PM »
It seems that for two Earth ships of different nationalities the designs would be basically the same, but with a few key differences.  For example, what if a country decided to put weapons on their ship in case of a threat to the ship such as a meteor?  

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 04:42:16 PM »
They wouldnt have the power or time really to do such a thing. Besides the whole idea of a second star ship is rediculous.

Offline Sirbomber

Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 04:46:06 PM »
Who cares? It's the starship, the least important aspect of the game. You'll probably never even see the darned thing.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 04:50:28 PM »
It seems that for two Earth ships of different nationalities the designs would be basically the same, but with a few key differences.  For example, what if a country decided to put weapons on their ship in case of a threat to the ship such as a meteor?
There is no oil to liberate thus there are no weapons.

Offline Sirbomber

Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »
Careful not to spark any political debates...

Offline Prometheus

Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 06:40:25 AM »
I've got to agree with Sirbomber on this one.  The whole idea of Earth launching a second starship makes no sense.  Anyone left behind would be engaged in a day-to-day struggle just to stay alive.  Any survivors on Earth won't be thinking about even orbital flight for along time (likely centuries).   Even if somehow they retained their technological and industrial capabilities or rapidly regained them, their would be no reason for them to send a starship to the same system as the first starship since they would reassonalby assume that the system would already be occupied by the time they got there.  Best to go to a new system and increase humanity's chances of survival.

In any case the discussion is moot at this point since Genesis has at best) been put on indefinite hold.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 06:40:47 AM by Prometheus »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 03:52:39 PM »
I forget, is this one's story line anything like the original story line of the official OP3 that never made it into production?  If so, then the starship would look like you grabbed whatever you could.  They would have been using the fueling station for the parts.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Sirbomber

Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 03:59:20 PM »
No, the story for Genesis was a second starship was launched from Earth at the last second and was heading towards New Terra, but got hit by a conveniently placed meteor and landed on some Venus-like planet, and Eden departed from New Terra, got sucked into a plot hole, and landed on the same planet.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Maesis Starship Designs
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 04:07:25 PM »
ah, in that case, yea, they'd be pretty much the same
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names