24 (63.2%)
sure whatever
4 (10.5%)
huu??
2 (5.3%)
why not
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Big Cannon!  (Read 5101 times)

Offline 7842303

Big Cannon!
« on: August 27, 2007, 02:55:54 PM »
i was thinking a herc cannon could be its own building and be like a gun. of cource this would have massave draw backs. still in thinking mode tough
     (thumbsup) or (thumbsdown)  
onword to battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless your tired, of cource

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Big Cannon!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 03:09:57 PM »
I HIGHLY doubt there will be any such changes to OP2

Offline Sirbomber

Big Cannon!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »
Uhh... The Meteor Defense uses one of those I think? The tech you need to research it is called High Energy Ray Composite Projector after all.
Wouldn't this go in an OP3 forum anyways (since it's impossible to add units to OP2)?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Sl0vi

Big Cannon!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:15:21 PM »
Uhh... The Meteor Defense uses one of those I think? The tech you need to research it is called High Energy Ray Composite Projector after all.
Wouldn't this go in an OP3 forum anyways (since it's impossible to add units to OP2)?
Wow, all the criteria for his suggestion for OP2 are already met! :D
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Leviathan

Big Cannon!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 04:04:07 AM »
Superweapons suck.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Big Cannon!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 02:52:38 PM »
lol, herc cannon.  It's a bit Ironic that Cyberstorm is advertised on the back of my OP2 case.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Quantum

Big Cannon!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 06:57:27 PM »
it would be like playing generals it would only be good if plymouth and eden both had one
This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Big Cannon!
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 01:34:43 AM »
IF you want to play C&C play C&C dont change OP2 into C&C because generals is uber

Offline 7842303

Big Cannon!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 03:39:29 AM »
i have decided to submit this in a op3 file
my idea not yours ;)  
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 03:40:11 AM by 7842303 »
onword to battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless your tired, of cource

Offline Hidiot

Big Cannon!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 11:42:40 AM »
If you really can't stand plymouth EMP missiles, you can:
-either be plymouth and spam their spaceport with EMPs
-either me Eden and build a couple of meteor defenses in your base and take a CC and a meteor defens with you when you're attacking and build them as a strike camp near the enemy.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
Big Cannon!
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 05:58:47 AM »
If you really can't stand plymouth EMP missiles, you can:
-either be plymouth and spam their spaceport with EMPs
-either me Eden and build a couple of meteor defenses in your base and take a CC and a meteor defens with you when you're attacking and build them as a strike camp near the enemy.
That doesn't work all the time. The odds of the meteor defense missing the missiles is between 1:8 launches to 1:2 launches.

http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.php?showtopic=3959

Offline Sirbomber

Big Cannon!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 06:16:43 AM »
Let's just remove all weapons. They are too slow and all have some kind of drawback, such as a long cooldown or high expense. All we need is one rapid-fire instant death gun. And we shall call it a Pipe Organ.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Exile

Big Cannon!
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 01:58:59 AM »
Super weapons have balence issues. Example if you had Railgun(Or RPG) artillery You could build them and have your whole army wait if front of them and just let your enemy attack he gets owned before he gets close and then you send your army in and destroy his base. Also could be cheaply used to bombard someones base where they would have to come out get through your army and then and only then could they hit your artillery. But the biggest reason why is because the appeal of OP2 has always been there is no easy OMG OWNAGE weapon that can wipe out your enemys army with a single shot. And there is no cheap way to get rid of someones army if they built it then your gonna have to blow it away Even EMP missile is not a super weapon because unless you act fast you'll just waste the metals
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 02:01:44 AM by DragonBlade »
"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains save both."

"The best form of welfare for the troops is first-rate training."

''Erwin Rommel The Desert Fox''

Offline Nynx

• http://on1-k.deviantart.com/
Big Cannon!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 03:08:16 AM »
there is a possible 'easy ownage'....lots and lots of thor's hammer lynxes, and i mean a lot  :lol:  

Offline Exile

Big Cannon!
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 07:02:15 AM »
there is a possible 'easy ownage'....lots and lots of thor's hammer lynxes, and i mean a lot  :lol:
Thors hammer is the best one on one weapon. But acidcloud or ESG are the better army versus army weapons.
"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains save both."

"The best form of welfare for the troops is first-rate training."

''Erwin Rommel The Desert Fox''

Offline tactical n00b

Big Cannon!
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 02:25:37 AM »
Superweapons suck.
Don't stone me for saying this but... they are about the equivalent of rushing; which I personally find distasteful.

Offline Hidiot

Big Cannon!
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 03:26:01 AM »
rushing needs speed and a certain order of building. If you can rush, you can probably counter-rush.

If you don't want rushes, ask for an am.

Super weapons... they can break a strong defense in advantageous terrain. Breaking it with units-only makes it quite a challenge. And fun if you like challenges.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Big Cannon!
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 10:46:47 AM »
superweapons ruin games.  They sound like fun until you get into a game with them.  The Thor's tiger is pushing towards the super-weapon boundary (its inaccuracy keeps it in check).

And yes, rushing is very much like a super weapon.  What fun is a game if it only lasts 3 minutes?
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Slaughter_Manslaught

Big Cannon!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 07:11:40 PM »
Thor Hammers are pretty damn ubber, but I got nothing against EMP missiles. I love them. There was this one game with five or six guys, and me and this one guy near my base started to engage in Mutually Assured Desactivation. I think I had FOUR starport at one point, pumping a stream of missiles while I pumped a army from my vehicle factories. We pulsed each other in the factories, in the ports, in the battlefield, pulse missiles flying everywhere. Then I engaged him in the battlefield with a massive army of tigers and lynxes. All a ploy to distract him and sneak supernova into his starports and command centers to hell. I managed to destroy one CC and two Starports with my horde of Supernovas. Pity most of them didn't bypass his defenses. He managed to destroy my army, but I had some reserves and with some EMPs and attacks, I managed to destroy his army. The only problem is that I was too weak to attack him after that. I don't remember how that game ended, though I think he didn't kill me.

Offline WooJoo

Big Cannon!
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 11:11:02 PM »
just a question since eden got an"meteor defence" cant they use it against incomming missles like the emp rocket? i couldnt try this specific sitiuation but it would make sense since the usa already use such technologie and for eden it would make sense so you only can use the emp against units that are outside the base
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:57:12 AM by WooJoo »

Offline Hidiot

Big Cannon!
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 06:20:46 AM »
Meteor Defence?

Offline Spikerocks101

Big Cannon!
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 02:23:13 PM »
it does already stop plymouths emp missiles... but a plymouth missle can go any where from just 1 space port, while a meteor defence has a limited range, and would require 1-2 per base you have (remember you mining camps, if they get emped, you have to manually restart them, very annoying)
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline WooJoo

Big Cannon!
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 04:29:42 PM »
maybe there is a need for a high cost mobile defence system which can protect a small area but is mobil maybe that unit wouldnt have an active combat role or something but also the emp is a very importend weapon to the plymouth faction since at the late game the eden units get ubber hmmmmmmmm I KNOW make the repair unit of eden emp immun then it will balance ^^ early to build and can repair while every other unit is unable to defend themself....

but wait .... what was the topic?

Offline Sirbomber

Big Cannon!
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 04:49:26 PM »
I KNOW make the repair unit of eden emp immun then it will balance
"Hey, I know!  Let's waste valuable time and ore giving pointless armor to a unit that has no valuable combat role and never will!"
"BRILLIANT!!!"

Besides, this was topic started by some moron who wanted to add a superweapon to the game.  I think we can stop talking about it.