Author Topic: Master Introduction Thread  (Read 117874 times)

Offline Mez

Master Introduction Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2004, 06:02:25 AM »
My names mez im from England
I used to play op2 alot when WON was still working. I've been in many clans and cant remember most of them
Now that i have finally got DSL i hope to be playing alot more of op2 again :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 06:22:30 AM by mezza »

Offline xamlit

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2004, 02:10:59 PM »
Hello All,

My name is Luke Tillman ....a.k.a. xamlit (see if you can figure that out).

I am 15 years old, This semester marks the completion of my first year at my community college. I am hoping to become proficiant in C++ so that I can also assist creating OP3..

My favorite games are : Outpost 2 :op2: , Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia Sands of time, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Red Alert 2 and Rollcage. Thats about it.

My I live in Washington D.C.

And most importantly I am a christian.

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2004, 07:44:13 AM »
Hi I'm new to the Fourm, and i'm just starting a new Outpost website.
Updates on the site will be posted later.

EDIT: Fixed bb tags.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:14:43 PM by leeor_net »

Offline gwyned

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2004, 03:42:20 PM »
Hello all, I'm generally known as Gwyned.  I am a long-time lurker on this forum, but finally decided to roll up my sleeves and get more involved.  I am so excited to see a community of fellow Outpost 2 lovers who are willing to invest time and energy into this great game!

I've never really tried playing multiplayer Outpost 2...perhaps I can be persuaded to give it a try sometime...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 03:48:31 PM by gwyned »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2004, 01:12:32 AM »
Hello,

I've been interested in reverse engineering Outpost 2 for years now but I always get too busy and forget about it before making much progress. I've been reading the posts on the topic and I'm fairly impressed with how far you guys are getting. I'm interested in helping out on this (although I tend to be a little busy). I have a fair bit of experience in C/C++ and x86 Assembly (among other languages like VB, Java, Pascal, etc. and some assembly for the Sparc with a bit of 68k, 6502, MIPS, Itanium, PDP-11) I have a lot of experience in finding out how various games store their data as well as tracing though assembly code. I've managed to make various simple editors (Hex codes work for me  :D  ) for a number of games including: Pax Imperia, Warcraft, Warcraft II (not much point I admit), Dune2, Dune 2000 (I actually bothered with graphics for this one :D  ), Civ, Civ II, Legend of the Red Dragon, Usurper, and especially Trade Wars, countless emulator games, etc. Come to think of it, there aren't many games I own that I haven't tried editing in some way.

Anyways, I'm nearing the end of a Computer Science degree (Honours) with a concentration in Game Design. (Actually a combined degree with Pure Math honours and a concentration in cryptography, for those who care  :D  )

So, in short, I can follow along with the posts on the OP2 DLL's, PE headers, etc. and I'm interested in helping out. Anyone working on that stuff want to point me in a particular direction they need work on?

Offline AI_v3.2

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2004, 05:02:40 PM »
Name: mike
Favorite Games: Outpost v1.5, Outpost2 mission pack 1-4, Half-Life, and Command And Conquer Tiberian Sun
Local: Michigain, USA

A Master at Commadore 64 Basic Programming Language

One look in her lusting eyes savage fear in you will rise teeth of terror sinking in the bite of the she-wolf

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2004, 07:18:10 PM »
Name: James Kirk S. (Yes, I was named after James T. Kirk from Star Trek)
B-day: April 6
Favorite Games: OP2, Risk II, NationStates (www.nationstates.net)
Interests: Computers, OP2 SP1, Greek, Science, Math, Religion
Place: Georgia, USA
Programming Languages: Q-Basic, Learning C++ and Pascal
Other: Going to Tech College in Summer (After getting my GED), and I'm home-schooled
« Last Edit: March 02, 2004, 07:23:10 PM by Drakmar »

Offline ZeusBD

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2004, 11:23:59 AM »
Name: Frank
Interests: Games across all platforms and movies (I'm a couch potatoe when I'm not told to exercise by my commander)
Web-site: bdarmada.cjb.net (hasn't been updated in forever, but hey)
Clan's official web-page: http://blackdragons.servegame.com:8080 (The forum's are the best part of it since the webmaster of the site has been absent recently)
Favorite Games: OP2 (of course), Diablo2, Starcraft, and StarTrek Armada2
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline Kal

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2004, 10:01:53 AM »
I'm Kal, Age 22.
Kalamazoo, MI (USA).

I signed up back in July but haven't been active.  I've just been checking in the last few days and posting a little.  Love Outpost 2, Europa Universalis, Galactic Civilizations for PC...and Super Smash Brothers Melee for Gamecube  :D  
"You have failed...our Colony is Doomed."

Offline neutrino

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2004, 03:32:10 PM »
I'm called Philippe. 17 years old and I live in Quebec, Canada.

I played my first Outpost 2 game 5 or 6 years ago . After what I slowly stopped, having only my friend to play with, after WON was shut down. I checked every 6 month maybe what was new in the Outpost X universe, and now I find this forum and IRC channel.

I'm a BSD/linux user since 3 years, I know basic programming using C, php, C++, but nothing big, I'm still not in university and I study Pure and Applied Science into the CEGEP.

I really hope that the user base is still strong enough to improve the game in the upcoming release .. if there is one .. or just to provide a hot nest where we can gather and play a good game when we feel like it.

From now on I'll stay tuned to keep me up to date, in case I can contribute.
Cheers.

Offline Cctoide

• http://hosted.xfir.net/cctoide/e107
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2004, 03:49:05 PM »
Finally got the time to post this...

I'm Cctoide, a name that has too deep of an origin to explain in a post.

I always loved OP2 even though I've only played it for a year or so, and was delighted to hear about the apparent renaissance that's going on.

I'm 11 and I broadcast from Vila Nova de Gaia, Oporto, Portugal.

My interests include PC, PC, PC, lil' bit of HTML/C++, bike riding, and hopefully model railroading  :find: ...

I guess that's about it...
The Resident Newbie
OPUcomic, drawn by Cctoide

Yanoseek

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2004, 06:13:00 AM »
Name: Jan
Interests: comp games (OP2, Morrowind, Tibia, Warcraft, Starcraft), skiing, water sports (I have the rank of an inland sailor), programing (Pascal, Delphi, Logo, some C++, php), 3d graphic

Offline kirby

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2004, 09:31:57 PM »
Hi everyone!

name- amanda
name people ACTUALLY call me- kirby
age- 16
interests- counter-strike, metal gear solid, final fantasy, morrowind, perfect dark, and op2 (not specificly in that order)

For those of you that don't know me, i was co-leader of the craptastic <sw> clan (that i think lasted longer than it should have) until about the time WON cut off op2's life support. I WOULD still be playing with random people on tcp/ip games, but i have this mean, nasty firewall that wont go away :(

i just joined now, but apparently i was told about this site last month, and i'm so lazy that i havent bothered to check my mail till an hour ago or so...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 09:40:59 PM by kirby »
"You calling me a geek? Listen, dude, dont mess with a geek that has an IQ of 165 and a copy of the anarchists cookbook."

Phantom

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2004, 02:07:40 AM »
Well, I guess I should post..

Name:Armando (Phantom)

Major: Architecture (lol)

Nationallity: (U.S. Citizen) 1/4 Mexican, 1/4 Spanish, 1/2 Greek

Current Websites:
Mercenaries: Omega Group (Sprite Comic)
EQT (A PBP RPG)
I also had a roms website, but I got bored with that.

Other Hobbies:
Some 3D Modling
Lego Stop motion video editing
VHS to DVD conversion
Downloading roms  <_<
Downloading MP3's using WindowsMedia.com (lol)

Current gamming:
Halo PC, UT2003 (Demo play over LAN), starcraft, warcraft 3, Team fortress classic (sentryguns!!!), Gunbound, PSO (XBOX), Homeworld, Dark Reign 2,

And the one I've more recently wanted to play (but cant because of @#$% winsock) Outpost 2.

And, well, that's me.

Oh, and fish go m00.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 02:08:51 AM by Phantom »

Offline FallTime

• http://www.borkovec.com/falltime/
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2004, 01:05:02 PM »
Hi, I'm FallTime, I'm from Czech Republic, I speek English, Czech, Slovak and now I'm learning German. I'm a programmer, I work with Win2K for programming and Win98 for gaming. I'm programming in Pascal, Delphi, C, VB, VC#.NET, VB.NET, eVB, PhP, Asp, Asp.NET, HTML, JavaScript and ... Amstrad BASIC  ;) . I play strategy games, RPG, Dungeons and sometimes adventures. I like oldgames instead of the new ones ... Outpost 1/2, StarCraft, Ultima Online, Ashavar Legacy, Constructor, Alien Legacy ... ( 2 pages of raw text ) ... and sometimes Counter Strike and Unreal Tournament if I need to clean my mind. I'm currently writing a book, unfortunately in Czech, about one of my most popular games: X-COM. It's called X-COM: MegaMinders and it is situated after the end of Frontier wars and Apocalypse. Wanna know anything more ?
Sorry for my English. I like penguins. I'm neutral 'bout Linux.
------------------------------------------------
Don't judge people of their look

Offline LordClain

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2004, 01:39:57 AM »
I built my first Altair in 1978 while in high school.  If you don’t know what this is, or why it was/is important then a little history research is in order.  I work and play as a software developer/manager.  Currently working mostly in VB6 and VB.NET (also .NET CF).  I've now worked in or used so many computer "languages" that it doesn't make much difference anymore.  Is there anyone out there who was part of the Outpost 1 or 2 development teams?

Offline Punboy

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2004, 08:47:04 PM »
My name is Aaron Krill (aka. "Punboy"), and I work at, well, my own software company called PunSoft Technologies. I'm 15, also run a web hosting company (check out http://hosting.punboy.net), and another PalmOS Software company called AK Palmware. I have ALOT of experience with programming Python games, but not so much with C.... hmm.... and I suck at graphics design, but HTML design and interface design I'm very good at. Erm....... I'm working on a sequal to Outpost 2... My contact info is as follows.

AIM: DJPunboy
MSN: admin@punboy.com
E-Mail: admin@punboy.net
Telephone: (206) 940-3409 (please don't call unless you're dying or something :-P)
City: Seattle, WA
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 08:47:28 PM by Punboy »
Help control the human population. Have your spouse spayed or neutered.

Offline Sammyk

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2004, 06:50:30 PM »
Name: dont like it so yall can call me sam (girl)
hobbies:BAND, church

i dont work but i have a permit and i need a job, school sucks, my fam. hates me. but other than that, im just your normal overly hyper kinda girl. haha. ive never heard of Out post, but this seems like an intresting sight. hehe
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 06:51:58 PM by Sammyk »

Offline SleekShadow

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2004, 09:39:19 AM »
hey, i'm Sleek, or also known as JT, SleekShadow, SmoothShadow, or SmoothCriminal.

i started playing outpost 2 back in 96/97, i've been currently playing america's army and halo

i'm also a drummer at my school, i play the tenors (or quads, which have 5 drums on them)

i used to be very intense gamer of outpost 2 with lev
-SleekShadow

Offline Axen

• http://www.lisp.org
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2004, 09:10:48 AM »
Hi anyone who has nothing better to do than read this post (I mean who cares about new posts. lol)!  I'm Mark Cartwright from Belrin, Gemany.  I am, however, an American citizen (a Texan, at that) and enjoy playing Outpost 2.  It is really an outstanding game and would be even more fun to play with other people; but, sadly, I have not yet had the opportunity to sharpen my skills by playing head-to-head over LAN or TCP/IP.
     It's been a couple of weeks (I think) since I've joined, and so I'm finally putting up this introduction/bio.  I have a couple of Q's about playing IRC, though.  Can it be done within a LAN?  Can OP2 be played freely across the Internet even though I may be in a LAN?  I heard that sometimes the IP for every computer in a LAN is identical for Internet servers.  Might that pose a problem?
     I am not an OP2 master, however.  I played it a LOT when I had it 6 years ago, but then gave the game to a friend.  Now, though, thanks to the dedicated efforts of the OPU team, I can play one of my favorite strategy games again!
    Anyway, if someone wants to play a game with me, I'm game.  And, if you want to practice your German, Russian, or whatever, I like to practice foreign languages, too.  Oh, by the way, I'm 18 and I graduated from high school last Friday, June 25th.  Looking forward to some games and chats!
My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes.
-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Offline spacedragon_model#3

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2004, 11:30:09 AM »
Hey, this forum sounds like people I like.

I live in Utah

I've just turned 15

am male

I love to play: Starcraft, Warcraft, Outpost 2, and all of the Myst games. (I also have the Moon Project, but I can't really understand it to play it.)

Hope to meet you over the net!

ps. I don't really know many abbreviations.  I barely even know what lol means. Your probably going to have to help me on that.

Offline Spiderldr

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2004, 01:08:20 PM »
Sorry, Didn't realize you cant edit on this forum. Anyway, I'm Spiderldr, or Jeff, as most call me. I love outpost 2 and have been playing it off and on since I was 10. I'm currently living in The USA and I'm 17. There, Thats my little Intro.

edit by op2hacker: Yes you can edit, check the upper right corner of your post for edit and delete options.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 03:25:48 PM by op2hacker »
-"Freeze!"

Offline Sl0vi

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2004, 01:01:58 PM »
Hello I'm Sl0vi, more known as Bernie and ehm...

First played outpost 2 when I saw it in a store, took a look at it, and it seemed interesting and it was!!! Never truly stopped playing again, and yeah.... now I'm here!  
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Nomi Sunrider

• http://www.angelfire.com/on/mystica
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2004, 12:03:28 PM »
Hello, I'm Nomi, or Sarah to those who know me.  I found this site when searching Google on a whim.  I haven't played OP2 in several years, but I used to a lot back when WON was still up and active.  It's a shame Sierra gave up on it, but we all know that so I needn't lament the fact!

I'm 22 and in college right now.

I like RPGs, strategy games, and adventure games.

I was one of the leaders of the old Jedi clan back in the day, going by:
Mistress Nomi [Jedi]£.  I don't know how many of you remember that clan or its leaders, but I still see Masters Kadesh and Borden from time to time, and Master Kish is my brother, so I see him a lot!  We were founded during the time KORT was still around, and if I remember right, Black Dragon separated from us to form their clan.  I hope there aren't still hard feelings!  Anyway, it's good to see at least a few references to familiar names and events.  I read elsewhere that Snappy is doing well and is at an AirForce academy.  Good for him!  Anyway, I'm off to post in clan threads!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 12:10:19 PM by Nomi Sunrider »
There are other forces at work in this world... besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring, in which case you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought. ~Gandalf

Get FireFox!  Rediscover the Web!

Offline zanco

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2005, 04:06:48 PM »
Hi
my name is Stephen,
19 years old
living in Maryland.
And yeah, I'm a  male.

I love this web site, all the administrators that I think are dedicated to ... doing great things.

well, that's all I can do.

And Thanks to them; they are so cool      :D .  
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"