Author Topic: Master Introduction Thread  (Read 32407 times)

Offline Axen

• http://www.lisp.org
Master Introduction Thread
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2004, 07:10:48 AM »
Hi anyone who has nothing better to do than read this post (I mean who cares about new posts. lol)!  I'm Mark Cartwright from Belrin, Gemany.  I am, however, an American citizen (a Texan, at that) and enjoy playing Outpost 2.  It is really an outstanding game and would be even more fun to play with other people; but, sadly, I have not yet had the opportunity to sharpen my skills by playing head-to-head over LAN or TCP/IP.
     It's been a couple of weeks (I think) since I've joined, and so I'm finally putting up this introduction/bio.  I have a couple of Q's about playing IRC, though.  Can it be done within a LAN?  Can OP2 be played freely across the Internet even though I may be in a LAN?  I heard that sometimes the IP for every computer in a LAN is identical for Internet servers.  Might that pose a problem?
     I am not an OP2 master, however.  I played it a LOT when I had it 6 years ago, but then gave the game to a friend.  Now, though, thanks to the dedicated efforts of the OPU team, I can play one of my favorite strategy games again!
    Anyway, if someone wants to play a game with me, I'm game.  And, if you want to practice your German, Russian, or whatever, I like to practice foreign languages, too.  Oh, by the way, I'm 18 and I graduated from high school last Friday, June 25th.  Looking forward to some games and chats!
My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes.
-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Offline Billio

• http://
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2004, 02:29:01 PM »
Hi i just joined the forums here after coming across them by accident.  I had no idea that outpost still had any people intrested in it, but when i found the community i had to become a member at once.

Im Billio AKA Bill, im 16 and live in MN in that town next to Becker Funature world.

Games: OP2, Diablo2, Startrek Armada 2, X2 the threat, Descent 3 and Planetside.  I aslo play a little bit of gamecube

Hobbies: Paintball, Soccer, Drums (Marching Core snare player), and building Computers

I would really be interested in playing Op2 or any of the other games above with any of you.  If your interested PM or email me and we can try to set something up

Offline spacedragon_model#3

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2004, 09:30:09 AM »
Hey, this forum sounds like people I like.

I live in Utah

I've just turned 15

am male

I love to play: Starcraft, Warcraft, Outpost 2, and all of the Myst games. (I also have the Moon Project, but I can't really understand it to play it.)

Hope to meet you over the net!

ps. I don't really know many abbreviations.  I barely even know what lol means. Your probably going to have to help me on that.

Offline Spiderldr

• http://www.tauniverse.com\revival
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2004, 11:08:20 AM »
Sorry, Didn't realize you cant edit on this forum. Anyway, I'm Spiderldr, or Jeff, as most call me. I love outpost 2 and have been playing it off and on since I was 10. I'm currently living in The USA and I'm 17. There, Thats my little Intro.

edit by op2hacker: Yes you can edit, check the upper right corner of your post for edit and delete options.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 01:25:48 PM by op2hacker »
-"Freeze!"

Offline theashigaru

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2004, 01:51:06 PM »
Hello, i'm of coarse brand new to the forums. but definatly not brand new to outpost 2, one of the greatest RTS games of all time as far as i am concerned.  

Offline Sl0vi

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2004, 11:01:58 AM »
Hello I'm Sl0vi, more known as Bernie and ehm...

First played outpost 2 when I saw it in a store, took a look at it, and it seemed interesting and it was!!! Never truly stopped playing again, and yeah.... now I'm here!  
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Nomi Sunrider

• http://www.angelfire.com/on/mystica
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2004, 11:03:28 AM »
Hello, I'm Nomi, or Sarah to those who know me.  I found this site when searching Google on a whim.  I haven't played OP2 in several years, but I used to a lot back when WON was still up and active.  It's a shame Sierra gave up on it, but we all know that so I needn't lament the fact!

I'm 22 and in college right now.

I like RPGs, strategy games, and adventure games.

I was one of the leaders of the old Jedi clan back in the day, going by:
Mistress Nomi [Jedi].  I don't know how many of you remember that clan or its leaders, but I still see Masters Kadesh and Borden from time to time, and Master Kish is my brother, so I see him a lot!  We were founded during the time KORT was still around, and if I remember right, Black Dragon separated from us to form their clan.  I hope there aren't still hard feelings!  Anyway, it's good to see at least a few references to familiar names and events.  I read elsewhere that Snappy is doing well and is at an AirForce academy.  Good for him!  Anyway, I'm off to post in clan threads!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 11:10:19 AM by Nomi Sunrider »
There are other forces at work in this world... besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring, in which case you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought. ~Gandalf

Get FireFox!  Rediscover the Web!

Offline The_Blight

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2004, 03:02:14 AM »
Heyhey, I'm in kind of the same situation as the girl above (on the forum) me here is in, I tried something on Google and p00f there you go and I was here...

Name(in RL): Wietse [Weed-suh]

School: University LUC, Global Informatics, next trimester we're learning C++.

Comment : http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.php?showtopic=1246 is about my life history :P

And I hope we may play together sometime in the future, as OP2 deserved a better end then the one it had...

Have fun gaming/modding/cursing :)

MSN: jorissen_wietse[at]hotmail.com
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 03:04:08 AM by The_Blight »

Offline zanco

• http://zanco.f2g.net/
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2005, 03:06:48 PM »
Hi
my name is Stephen,
19 years old
living in Maryland.
And yeah, I'm a  male.

I love this web site, all the administrators that I think are dedicated to ... doing great things.

well, that's all I can do.

And Thanks to them; they are so cool      :D .  
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"

Offline PA_Riledo

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2005, 06:18:22 PM »
Hello.  This is PA_Riledo.  

You should know me from the old OP2 days on the WON.  If not... then welcome newbie!

Glad to see an active support group.  

Offline BradenS

• http://
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2005, 01:51:10 AM »
Hi, my names Braden Stranks, and I'm making the 3d models for Garretts outpost 3. I play outpost 2 whenever I can, though I'm not too great at it. eventually I'm going to sign up so I can play online multiplayer games, but I have too much school right now....

Offline PakAttack151

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2005, 03:15:42 PM »
Mina-san Konichiwa! ^_^ Watashi wa Patrick to mooshimasu, Pak to yonde kudasai.  There is my little Japanese intro! Anway, my name is Patrick, please call me Pak (it's shorter). I seem to be one of the youngest here being 14.... so yeah, I've owned OP2 for a while but I stopped playing it a year or so ago, I'm just getting back into it. Though my evil router won't forward multipul ports so I'm stuck playing offline.

Offline Shuffles

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2005, 06:21:03 PM »
Hello everyone.  I think its about time I registed here, since I'm a long time Outpost 2 fan.  I could put a decent bet in that I've played Outpost 2 longer than anyone here!  I've been playing since the original demo, and I got the game as soon as it came out (When it was still costly).  I played a fair bit of multiplayer back in the SIGS days,  but I haven't kept up with things since it got shut down.  Anyways maybe if I can figure out how to use all this multiplayer stuff I can get playing again.

Offline dudemagma

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2005, 09:12:34 AM »
Hey, glad to see there's a growing number of people online now!  I played for roughly a year on WON (<SA>Strikeforce was my last one), and browsed the various forums for awhile after WON shutdown.  I'm now (kind of anyway) on the IRC as Dudemagma, and am looking forward to playing again!

Offline garrettsbro

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2005, 01:50:59 PM »
Garrett's Bro, just like the name states.
I like long researchful games of OP2.
B-day 5/26/05
I play guitar, games, and girls.lol j/k
would like to work on OP3: Final Chapter but don't know programming! at all

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2005, 03:42:31 PM »
Hey guys - i'm not sure why i'm not in here, i thought i did already,,, so anyway: here it is:

Name: Eddy

Interests: my wife & kid, programming, making loads of money

I been around here since november last year. You can find me mostly on IRC or drop me a PM.
Im currently working on a new Outpost 2 single-player campaign .. which will be done somewhere this year.
[size=8]Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1[/size]
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit

Offline Phantom

• http://www.eqt-rpg.com
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2005, 02:51:28 PM »
Hey people, I have returned after a very long hiatus. Now that I got Hamachi, I will probably be playing a lot more now (Just go easy on me, It's been a while. lol)

Name: Armando Gonzalez

Interests: Web editing, video games, drawing, and other stuff.

Yah, I haven't been here since... June 2004. So it's been a while.
Crappy Avatar by me. lol
My website: EQT RPG

Here comes the Thnikkaman!!!

"Bringing the metal back to where it belongs!" - Limozeen

Offline zhukant

• http://www.internetpolyglot.com
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2005, 05:55:41 PM »
Birthday: June 17

Sex: Well wouldn't you like to know?

Interests: Computers (games, though I can't play them, surfing the web, etc.), science (all that cool stuff), and anything else I can't think of right now.

Other: I came from Russia, where I had lived for 9 years, until I came to America. I am Russian Orthodox Christian, I enjoy Japanese cartoons (I can't get enough of Yugioh. No, I'm not a little kid, but something in it is just irresistible). I guess that's it. I don't know what else to put - oh, and I'm not sure what sexuality I am. :-P See you all around!

--
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could not find source of damage; problem not found.

Internet Polyglot

Offline rattle

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2005, 06:29:02 PM »
Hi, I'm Rattle.
B-day:Oct 12
Born and raised in Detroit, Mi
Currently live in Collinsville,Tx
Hobbies:Art and Graphics, rpgs, rts, speed-thrash-HEAVY Metal!
Currently: doing graphics for the TYRANNT RPG ENGINE, and getting my site together.
Just downloaded this game(OP2) the interface is slick,smooth animations,heavy site support with a load of map/mod tools.I've not seen a bad review of this game so I figure it's a keeper.(thumbsup)  
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 06:30:55 PM by rattle »

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2005, 10:31:18 AM »
Hi i'm Stormy  :P .

B-Day = June 11
I live in TX in the USA.
Hobbies: mapping  ;) , LOTS and LOTS of 'show production' type stuff, OP2, Blue Man Group, almost anything with computers.
Projects: Blue Man Group instrument  :P  (thumbsup)  :P . Mapping for a game called 'Star Wars Jedi Academy' (runs quake 3 engine) and then, once the new release of hacker's mapper is out... OP2 mapping  :rock on:  
Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://www.victimless.us/~stormy/signature/sig_pic_480x200.gif[/IMG]

`..`..`..`..`..`..`..
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.
 Blender Website Terragen Site Maya Website

.`..`..`..`..`..`..`

Offline Jhessela

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2005, 05:23:13 PM »
Heeeeys!

I played OP2 on SIGS / Won right until they were shut down. I'm not sure what name I was under... I only remember that I almost always played as Plymouth.

I've been checking up on the Outpost community every so often. And I recently did again.

I'm glad to see there's still a community for what was such a great series (well, I've never played the first one).

:op2:  :op2:  :op2:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 05:24:19 PM by Jhessela »

Offline thablkpanda

• http://www.thablkpanda.com
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2005, 10:52:07 AM »
Hey!

I'm Chris, and I don't know why I'm posting here, since I joined about five centuries ago (not rly that long)

I'm Eighteen years old, or is it Seventeen?

I own the worlds coolest laptop, and have more monitors then anyone here besides Lev!

On a level of (None, Beginner, Intermediate, Master) I Code:

PHP- Master
PHP & MySQL Integration- Beginner
CSS- (Essentialy just on this list to make me look cooler) Master
C++ - Beginner
VBScript- None (working on it though)
(Most/all Web-design component scripts) MASTER (except javascript) Beginner.

I'm an image designer/web-designer, soon to be web hoster.

And that's the panda for you.

Offline Blodo

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2005, 02:56:52 PM »
Hey im Blodo, just got in to OP2 so you may call me 'mr. newbie' :P

Im 18 years old, doing webdesign and webocding (including php+mysql), dont own some huge gaming rig (although that is going to change...at some point..) and i mostly like old games.

Well thats mostly that isnt it.

Good to be here.

Offline lizz7099

« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2005, 06:00:49 PM »
My name is Liz.  I've been playing OP2 for a few years.  I'm stuck and it's driving me insane!  Not to mention my copy will not let me choose options anymore, it is stuck on hard. :(  I love the game very much, even though I have played and beat it several times I still keep playing.  I have not found another game just like it, have been looking though.  Found this forum by looking for a manual, mine is in a box somewhere in the shed, for my step-son to play the tutorial.  Hope someone can help me on this dang level.  :unsure:

Edit:
Name:  Liz
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 06:03:09 PM by lizz7099 »

Offline xXBoudreauXx

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2005, 04:50:31 PM »
Hi, My real name is Matt, im 17, my birthday is May 28th, and I live in Manchester, New Hampshire, USA.....
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 04:51:57 PM by xXBoudreauXx »