Author Topic: Command Post  (Read 3503 times)

Offline Combine Crusier

Command Post
« on: March 13, 2007, 01:52:20 PM »
Thee idea of the command post is that it will be a structure that increases the effectiveness of guard posts that are connected to it while not being able to support any manned structures by itself.

Good reasons.
A. Cheaper than full scale CC
B. Better bonus for guard posts
C. Smaller than CC
D. Fewer colonists required
E. Faster to construct
F. radar scrambler system to hide it from sattilites and radar
G. Equipped with camoflage to reduce visibility
H. Designed to fire ESG's for self defense
I. Equiped with heavier armor (better survivability)
J. Equiped with light tower lights to increase LOS (atuomatically deactivates when hostiles approach)
K. Equiped with scout sensor systems (warns of approaching vehicles)

Stat's:
Command Post: All
HP: 2400
Armor: Heavy Reinforced
FP: 1 Gun (Plymouth ESG, Eden Acid Cloud)
Effect: When connected to guard post +20% Weapons damage +10% Rate of Fire
Speed: Stationary
Power: Produces 50 units of power for other uses
Common Ore Cost: 1400
Rare Ore Cost: 400
Personel: 2 Workers: No scientists

Additional: In the game it would provide a improved fortification for defense aganist the hostile forces of planet. Also it provides the warning of a scout without the vulnrability and the LOS of a light tower. Also it is invisible from radar which decreases the chances of a sighting by sattilites.
Fire at will!

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Command Post
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 02:03:48 PM »
good idea.
It should bee a good idea: - We needed something that would increase affectivness of guard posts. Just like the building (i forgot the name) for Vehicles, that makes them more intelligent and have better pathfinding.

Just 3 comments: It would be better if there were no weapons
You should change the name to for example: "guard station" or "defencive Station" (but, command post sounds good too)
Errm... i don't remeber any sattelites that spy on enemy territory. so we don't need that "radar scrambler"
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 02:04:16 PM by Savant 231-A »
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Chandler

Command Post
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 09:21:17 PM »
Good idea Combine :D

I agree with Savants comments - lose the weapons, and the radar scrambler is unnecessary (unless we're doing that whole satellite thing - see other thread). And I believe that the bonus you've stated there is NOT better than a Command Centre (CC) - I think a CC's bonus is 50% to DMG and ROF, I'll have to have a looksie.

@ Savant - your thinking of the Robot Command Centre (RCC)
Chandler

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Command Post
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 10:03:56 PM »
Actually, the reason GP's are enhanced when connected to tubes is that they get a secure link to Savant computers. But isn't that what the RCC does for vehicles? And vehicles aren't linked by tubes. Eh.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Command Post
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 03:35:04 AM »
One structure should be good for one thing only. Hence the Command Post would boost Gaurd Post effectiveness, but nothing else. It won't have weapons and it won't produce power.

It could be used with defense lines which are far away from the main colony. But I wonder if vehicles are better suited for that.

Here are some links to related ideas:
Communication Post
Mini CC
Robot CC

« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 03:49:41 AM by TH300 »

Offline Combine Crusier

Command Post
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 07:21:20 AM »
I agree with what you say.

The reason I suggested power production is so it can support the turrets by itself (at least some of them) Also the radar scrambler was designed to scramble both air and ground but this isn't a vital part. As for the weapon, I will say that since this structure will be in the front lines it should be armed with a turret module witch can be destroyed without destroying the structure, also it must be rebiult when destroyed.

Just an explanation of why I put them there, but it isn't vital as I said.
Thanks for your complements.
Fire at will!