Author Topic: Nanotechnology Facitlity  (Read 4125 times)

Offline Combine Crusier

Nanotechnology Facitlity
« on: March 06, 2007, 09:04:59 AM »
From OP 1.5

This structure was developed after a long line of research.
I believe this structure could be modified for use in OP3.
Instead of producing materials we could change it so that it improves the rate of production of all vehicles and structure kits by 30%. This would make it a nice structure to have while not causing anyone who has it to be infinitly wealthy in materials. Also it could improve the mortality rate by 20% due too the new medical breakthroughs it would provide.

Nice.... Don't you think?
Fire at will!

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Nanotechnology Facitlity
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 04:43:06 PM »
this was in op1.5? hmm. well something to remember is that at the time that game was made nanotech didnt really exist, it was just theory. it DOES exist now and we are well aware of its possibilities meaning we have a more accurate idea of what is and isnt possible.

you wouldnt need a dedicated structure for nanotech, youd just include the extra equipment (or replace existing ones to support it) in your current structures, meaning nanotech could just be a small set of research upgrades not its own building.  

Offline Combine Crusier

Nanotechnology Facitlity
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 06:17:30 PM »
But you would need a place to construct new nanobots and to keep track of all of their actions. After all it has been said that their life expectancy is somewhat short.... about 4 weeks with the task I have suggested is the estimate.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 06:19:50 PM by Combine Crusier »
Fire at will!

Offline White Claw

Nanotechnology Facitlity
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 07:09:18 PM »
It might be interesting to have it as a building that you could activate/idle like normal buildings. When it's active, it improves production but at the cost of some extra metals per each structure/vech you build (for the production of the nanites). If it's idle, you reduce the metals cost for production, but you lose the improved production rate.

Or you could remove this micromanagement and have a blanket slight increase in material requirement, but also a blanket increase in production.

I think it should also provide an improvement in mining. The nanites could be more capable of breaking apart more of the ore that is really stuck to the slag.  

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Nanotechnology Facitlity
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 04:58:54 AM »
"nanobots" can be made in the lab. because theyre nano scale the equipment to manufacture them wouldnt be huge. in fact it would be mostly chemistry as opposed to mechanical manufacturing.

Offline White Claw

Nanotechnology Facitlity
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 08:10:48 AM »
But why would you take up valuable lab space building nanites when you could be researching? (Unless you're just getting at the scale of nanite production.)

I kinda like the idea of including a nanotech facility. Although I also agree that it should act differently than OP1 (i.e. no "infinite" resources)

Nanotech could open a new branch of research (improved mining, agriculture, structure construction, vech construction, etc...).

Offline Combine Crusier

Nanotechnology Facitlity
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 08:24:23 AM »
I agree very much White Claw.
Fire at will!

Offline Combine Crusier

Nanotechnology Facitlity
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 08:59:55 AM »
Agreed...

So it would improve the efficency of mining, medical, research, agriculture, production, smelting, and construction time.

Another possible use for the facility istself is it could be like an Ultra Advanced Lab capable of doing more research and do it faster than the Advanced Lab (Hot Lab) since the nanites could be used in making ultra accurate details.
Fire at will!

Offline Skydock Command

Nanotechnology Facitlity
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 10:30:46 AM »
By how much would this improve production? I think it should be 50-60% so it isnt a drastic improvment and still keeps things in balance.
Savant Computer: Communications link established.
Skydock: This is Skydock Command. We have received your message.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Nanotechnology Facitlity
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 02:03:07 PM »
50-60% IS a drastic improvement. in addition to all the other upgrades available, you would be able to start a multi game, reach unit cap and finish within 15 minutes. this idea is on shaky ground as it is, but considering the stats youre suggesting I think its ludicrous to consider.

Topic is closed. The idea is complete and the point has been made.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:42:19 AM by dm-horus »